Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
Since it can't output 720p, how will we be able to watch any video you shoot in full 720p on an LCD tv?

I have apple tv.if I transfer video over to it will it play in full resolution?

Am I overlooking something so simple?

HarrisonB

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Since it can't output 720p, how will we be able to watch any video you shoot in full 720p on an LCD tv?

I have apple tv.if I transfer video over to it will it play in full resolution?

Am I overlooking something so simple?

export to your macbook and then do with as you please

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
How do you normally watch 720p video on your tv? Do that.

Blu rays from Netflix. Don't have a burner.

Rental from iTunes on Apple tv. But as I understand it, you can't place a HD file on the apple tv.

HD video shot with any other camera can connect to a tv and playback in HD. The iPhone 4 won't do that.

So. What else is there? Everyone only wants to watch YouTube compressed videos shot with their iPhones on a computer screen?

Calidude

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2010
Dude. You can't be this inept. Just save to your laptop, connect your laptop via HDMI to your TV, and play.

Or, buy a TV out dock from Apple when it comes out.

doctapeppa

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2008
Here is your problem:

"Don't have a burner" Um? Get one. You will then be able to do what you want. I like putting my videos on a thumb drive and then playing them though my XBOX 360, there are other devices that will output HD video to a TV.

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
Dude. You can't be this inept. Just save to your laptop, connect your laptop via HDMI to your TV, and play.

Or, buy a TV out dock from Apple when it comes out.

I'm not. I already said above I don't have a Macbook. Ergo, no laptop.

And the tv out dock from apple won't playback in 720p from the phone.

I take it that the ONLY way for people to watch the HD video you shoot with this on a tis with a laptop or blu Ray burner if you have one? This seems like a bit of a shortcoming to me. Watching online is fine, but now that we have an HD video cam, I'd like to be able to watch the video I shoot on my big screen.

JayDude132

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
maybe we will get lucky and they will come out with a 30-pin connector -> HDMI cable. And an app that lets you play your videos right through your TV.

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
If you burn it as a data dvd and your DVD player can play .mov files then it should play at 720p as long as your hooked up to your tv in that way.

That might work. Have a ps3 and 360. Putting on a flash drive and connecting to 360 might work too. Thanks. This is the I put I was looking for.

doctapeppa

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2008

I take it that the ONLY way for people to watch the HD video you shoot with this on a tis with a laptop or blu Ray burner if you have one? This seems like a bit of a shortcoming to me. Watching online is fine, but now that we have an HD video cam, I'd like to be able to watch the video I shoot on my big screen.

You don't need a blue ray burner. You can burn it onto a DVD as an AVI or whatever other format your player will play. Most Blue ray players, these days will play AVI files. Didn't you say you have an iMac? Does your imac not come with a cd/dvd burner?

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
maybe we will get lucky and they will come out with a 30-pin connector -> HDMI cable. And an app that lets you play your videos right through your TV.

It still won't be HD. Not according to the tech specs for video playback:

Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable (cables sold separately)

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

doctapeppa

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2008
That might work. Have a ps3 and 360. Putting on a flash drive and connecting to 360 might work too. Thanks. This is the I put I was looking for.

Well there you go. Your XBOX will play them beutifully. Put it on a flash drive then go to Videos and Device and your clip will be there and your xbox will play it in HD.

mdecker79

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
NJ

I have a little shuttle PC with a core 2 quad running Windows 7 Media center. All I need to do is dump my .mov files on a network share and they are instantly on my 55 inch in 1080p :). Along with all of my BR movies :)... Enjoy.

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
You don't need a blue ray burner. You can burn it onto a DVD as an AVI or whatever other format your player will play. Most Blue ray players, these days will play AVI files. Didn't you say you have an iMac? Does your imac not come with a cd/dvd burner?

Yes, and as I responded to someone else who suggested that, that could be a solution.

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
Well there you go. Your XBOX will play them beutifully. Put it on a flash drive then go to Videos and Device and your clip will be there and your xbox will play it in HD.

This seems to be the best solution given the size of DVD storage. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.