iPhone X How warm does your iPhone X get?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thecarrot, Apr 9, 2018.

1. thecarrot macrumors regular

Hi guys!

I'm just wondering whether it is normal for the X to get noticeably warm when under normal use (i.e. web browsing without video, reddit, etc). It doesn't get warm enough to hurt to the touch, but warmer than my 6s Plus got under the same usage for sure. I specifically notice that it feels warm on the back underneath the camera bump area.

I'm thinking this might be a result of the glass back? What has your experience been in this regard?

Thanks, guys :)

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It’s nothing to be concerned about, when you’re viewing media or intensive applications, the phone will heat due to the increase with the processor/GPU. Also, when you’re holding your phone, your hand obviously will also add warmth to the phone, but if your phone ever gets hot to touch or if you receive a message on your iPhone that your iPhone is overheating, then don’t use it.

3. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Mine gets pretty warm if I'm using it while it charges.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Only time my X gets slightly warm is after over an hour of FaceTime with the family.

5. now i see it macrumors 68030

Also the larger chargers (12 watt iPad charger etc) will definitely heat up the phone more while charging and while plugged in and using it - compared to the little 5 watt charger. Not an issue on cool days. Definitely an issue on hot days.

6. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-x-warm.2099975/

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...-warm-after-15-minutes-of-normal-use.2094862/

7. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

During the first day or two I owned mine it stayed alarmingly hot. I understand now that it was indexing and backing up, which evidently causes this normally.

After that it wasn’t an issue any more than previous iPhones. It had me concerned for a bit though.

8. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

Most of the time it's pretty cool. There are one or two games that will heat it up a bit.

It gets pretty warm in the microwave, too.

9. cc00lltt00nn macrumors regular

cc00lltt00nn

I have noticed mine gets very very warm, on occasion. Usually while charging and watching Youtube. Definitely much more so than any other iPhone I've owned.

10. AMTYVLE macrumors 6502

AMTYVLE

The only time I noticed my X get very warm is when using the Waze app while driving. It's actually gotten so warm that my X has shut down and will reboot itself, again only happens when using Waze.

11. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

And it’s usually the threads that start off right away that their iPhone is overheating or getting very warm when They first use it, but as you mentioned, it’s the indexing they can take quite some time, it will significantly heat the iPhone.

12. BR3W3R macrumors member

BR3W3R

Both my iPhone 7 and x can hit 88-90 degrees when using Facebook safari and other apps.

13. Txguy82 macrumors regular

Txguy82

PubG makes my phone get HoTT lol other then that I don't have a problem with the phone

14. BR3W3R macrumors member

BR3W3R

I guess maybe 88-90 doesn’t feel warm to some based on skin temp

15. Eddie3345 macrumors regular

Eddie3345

I've noticed if i leave instagram or safari open and i put it in my pocket, my leg gets warm and thats how i know oops i didn't turn my screen off. Not a huge deal but hopefully the X+ will not do that or maybe the iPhone 11 / 12 that will be fixed...?

16. LaoBron macrumors member

LaoBron

Got the warning ⚠️ when I was using my DJI 4 app then switched over to recording in 4K