How will the chamfered edges/corners fare on the 5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spinedoc77, Nov 9, 2013.

1. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I'm trying to decide how to protect my ip5s. I really like the naked look/feel, but as always worry about scratches. I have a very slim case that I use for the back and sides, and was thinking about buying one of the Spiegen nano glass screen savers and noticed it also came with glass protectors for the back.

I know my old iPhone 5 had the chamfered edges/corners get beat up pretty badly only light use and babying the phone, so was hoping that Apple had a new anodizing process and/or the lighter anodizing color (I have a space grey one) would help. Ideally I'd love to put on the spiegen front and back glass protectors and leave it alone. I don't care about drop protection, only scratch protection.

So, how do you guys think the 5s chamfered edges/corners will fare if naked? Will it hold up better than the 5, or about the same? Anyone else with a 5s comment on how their edges have held up?

2. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Idk, i left my iPhone 5 without a case for 2 months and finally put a case on due to the sides get scratch and dented really easy. As for my 5s i have dropped it 3 times (thanks for holding on to my phone sweat pants!!!!) And nothing has happened to my 5s yet. Maybe I'm lucky but it seems the space gray is stronger than the black which is why they changed it?

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Better only because Space Gray isn't as dark as Slate and hence doesn't stick out as much.

4. tobeornottobe macrumors regular

Does it even matter really, it's shiny as a mirror of course it will get scratched. If you cover it up you can't see the shine. You lose the shine either way.

5. Oui macrumors 6502

6. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

7. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

I think I have a few small marks on the edges of my 5s just from removing the case a couple of times to remove dust.

8. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

I got the Apple leather case also and so far have been very impressed with the fit and quality. Also, you still see the top bevel as the case does not wrap around the face of the phone.

I would love to use the phone 'naked' , but am to OCD to risk any scratch or chip....

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454