How will the new apple watch cases affect you?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Appl3FTW, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I have a SS apple watch... i think it would still look classier than the alum gold and alum rose gold anticipated refresh for the fall. although i think both additions would be a nice lure as entry levels AW if they keep the 399 alum price range.

alum 399, silver, space gray, gold, rose gold
    SS 599
    edition 10k+

I think it's good marketing to keep it fresh. I can't wait to see if they will introduce new bands tho. but im not press about it since there's alot of aftermarket out there :)

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I'd still go with SS, but gold and rose gold Sport models would most certainly be a welcome addition to the lineup.

3. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

4. Shanghaichica, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015

Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I have the silver sports watch but I can see myself being tempted by the gold options.

5. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

The new cases won't effect me at all but glad they will offer them for people that want them.

I will always buy the Stainless Steel unless they decide to add Titanium in future.

6. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

What new cases? Did Apple make an announcement?

7. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

New casings don't affect me much. New bands would though. They would affect my wallet.

8. CellXor10 macrumors regular

9. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

A red band would very much so affect how amazing my space grey sport looks!!! I would swap back and forth between the black band and red.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's just a rumor at this point. We also have rumors that Apple might release a rose gold-colored iPhone 6s in the fall.

11. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Would not surprise me a bit if Apple did so colors on it Apple watch cases. It could really help sell more watches.

12. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Releasing it would refresh the line, especially for the holiday season. Now I know why they release iphones and ipads in the Fall.

13. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

Coloring the cases makes them less versatile, IMO; but then again, who do you know that matches their leathers and metals?

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Apple would prefer it that way as that's fewer SKUs for them to deal with. The Space Gray is sold only with the black sport band and it's likely they'll offer only the white sport band for the gold-colored aluminum (to match the Gold iPhone), assuming this rumor actually materializes.

15. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

Right -- I also remember analysts thinking that iPod sales weren't so hot when Apple brought out all the different iPod Mini colors. It took them a while to figure out that they needed to aggregate multiple SKUs to estimate total iPod sales.

16. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I'd rather have some new band colors. Navy and red sport. Navy classic buckle.

17. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

They won't affect me, or my aluminum AW Sport, at all :) However I am glad that other people who like gold (or at least gold/rose gold) colored watches may have more affordable options in the AW lineup.

I'm just not a big fan of gold for watches or jewelry for myself, so my order of preference would still be the Apple Watch SS as the best looking option, AW Sport silver aluminum as the more affordable and still good looking alternative, and after that I'd probably prefer the Space Black Steel followed by the Space Gray Aluminum. I would not even consider one of the new aluminum gold options for myself. My wife wouldn't want one either. She prefers silver jewelry to gold. It's not that I don't think the aluminum gold options will look good... I'm sure they will look great. It's just a personal preference.

18. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

cases: don't care.... I got the color I wanted...

bands: CAN.NOT.WAIT!

19. redman042 macrumors 68020

Personally SS is my favorite. I don't think that will change.

20. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I'm not a fan of yellow or rose metal. So either stainless or black for me. What I'm really hoping for is new colors in bands. I need red. So much.

21. JOSEPH99 macrumors member

JOSEPH99

I can't stand fake gold! IMHO if you can't afford the real thing then don't bother.

22. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That's a weird perspective. So all those Gold iPhone 5s/6/6s units out there bother you?

Do you also consider silver iPhones "fake platinum"?

23. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

there's a different between a DIY "fake" gold aka Casey Neistat haha.. if the product looks great coming out of the factory, then it's not fake. Gold is just a color variant when it comes to technology. DO you really expect a 14k iphone?

OMG.