How will you be spending your Christmas Thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by phas3, Dec 23, 2010.

1. phas3 macrumors 65816

just wondering what everyone's plans are for X-Mas. How do you guys usually spend it, christmas eve dinner? Christmas Dinner? etc..

as for me, I'll be having dinner with my best friends. Couldn't make it home this holiday as I sent money over to my parents and I'll be going the first week of January

2. puma1552 macrumors 601

It's Christmas Eve now where I am, I went to work this morning and will be going back in an hour, and not finishing until 9:00 PM.

Tomorrow consists of getting a haircut, doing laundry, cleaning, buying champagne and Christmas cake, picking the lady up after work, and proposing, followed by a fancy yakiniku dinner on her dime.

3. phas3 thread starter macrumors 65816

oh wow! I think that plan beats my plan hands down LOL. GL, or should I say congrats cause I'm pretty sure she's gonna say yes, what an awesome x-mas present for the both of you!

4. puma1552 macrumors 601

Yeah, she's gonna say yes, even though she has no idea the big box under the tree is a ring I spent three months shopping for...lol

5. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

6. paula111, Dec 24, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2010

paula111 macrumors newbie

By lighting Candle Warmers

Hi All,

I am really waiting for X-Mas. This time we decided to have candle light-dinner, though we are using our scented candle warmer instead of candles.

We are trying to make it different this year.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Regards,
    Paula.

7. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Well, tonight we're going to my grandmas, then opening gifts and heading to bed. The husband works tomorrow, and I will be bouncing around from my family to his.

puma1552 Good luck!

8. McRCN macrumors regular

Some years we travel to see relatives. However, this year we are staying home.

9. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Just regular xmas with family at cottage. Was in Thailand last year so traditional xmas feels good. Soon will be the time for dinner!

10. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Baking cookies for Santa, driving around looking at lights tonight, then...making homemade pizzas tomorrow. :confused:

Well, the pizza thing isn't necessarily an annual tradition, but it's what we'll be doing tomorrow. :cool:

11. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

<smile> Haven't done that in a few years, but some idiots around here just love to be seen from Space. :)

12. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Hanging out at home, relaxing and enjoying the time off of work.

13. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Sounds like a good plan. I will be having christmas lunch with the family. But tonight will probably stuffing around with any goodies i get.

14. aimeeinohio macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

It's chritsmas eve here, and we ended up with an extra kid.

My oldest is *almost* 16, and she has a friend who is a german exchange student. her host family's house burned down 3 weeks ago, and they've been going between a hotel and the mom's sister's house...Today things blew up- mom found a pack of cigarettes in exchange student's room, along with some other stuff that had happened (typical teenage girl crap, nothing terrible), and kiddo called the exchange coordiantor and asked the lady to come get her, then kid called me. So we talked to host mom, exchange lady, and kid, and she came to our house today. She's staying with us for a week, and we'll see what they all want to do then. Poor kid- I just think she's overwhelmed with everything and wanted a 'break', ya know? They said she could go back to germany but she wants to stay here.

So tonight, just hanging out, wrapping a few things i forgot to wrap. Made some fresh bread (yum).

Tomorrow, presents, hanging around the house...pretty low key around here.

Sunday, we'll get up and drive to the in-laws (7 hr drive) with 4 kids and 2 dogs...we hve to drive 2 cars, which I'm not so thrilled about, but, well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Opening gifts when we get there, having family dinner on Monday, and just visiting with family the rest of the week. Will drive home on Saturday.

Merry Christmas, everyone!!! XOXO

15. Reventon macrumors 6502

I'll be spending most of my Christmas with family for a turkey dinner at my aunt's place. Our family does a secret Santa every year, where we buy a gift for one member of the family so we'll also have a bit of a gift exchange as well as catching up with some of my cousins I haven't seen in awhile.

16. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

I'll be spending christmas with a stack of barbri and kaplan books, some practice mpes, a bottle of bourbon (the only thing that ever loved me back), and a heart full of crushed dreams and empty promises.

bah humbug!

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Tonight, my family and I went to a candlelight Christmas service.

On Christmas morning, my son wakes up my wife and me and his older sister around 7. Once we are all downstairs, we watch an old cartoon version on VHS that tells the tale of the birth of Jesus. After that we will read Luke chapter 2 together as a family and spend some time in prayer. Open up gifts, eat breakfast, and spend the rest of the day together.

I hope that everyone has a great Christmas with their family and loved ones.

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'll probably fire up the Xbox 360 and play some games for much of the day, or maybe watch TV - well, I take that back, there's never anything good on TV on Christmas, so maybe a movie or two. In other words, nothing and enjoying every minute of it.

The joys of not celebrating Christmas - to me, it's just a free, paid day off work to sit around and do nothing. So thank you baby Jesus for being born, because I get to sit on ass doing nothing and get paid for it ;)

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

*hugs*

20. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

With family for me. Open some gifts, have a great dinner and have fun:)

21. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

For me, wake up fairly early, read the Christmas story, the open stuff while watching 24 hours of A Christmas Story (not related to the real thing, but still a favorite tradition), then head out for a family lunch/brunch thing with relatives. We usually end up eating at some odd hour, but it's always good food. Come home, play with cool new stuff (I'm 19 and a sophomore in college, so I still get fun stuff), then finally go to bed pretty late. I'd say a pretty good day overall.

22. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

Woke up this morning at 730, got dressed, and went up to the village for church. Me and the "crew" then went to the cafe/bar in the village, had coffee, then had some meat that was brought out, with some beers. I then went over a couple of friends houses, and BS'd for a little.

I just got home to my apartment in the city, and now:

Im going to change and head over to my uncles house for x-mas lunch.

Im then going to come home and sleep for a few hours.

Im then going to go back up to the village and have dinner at my friends house, with the "crew."

We then will head back down to the city, to this restaurant/club that my friend owns, reservation for 20, and will crack open some bottles and enjoy the live entertainment, which is another friend of mine who sings.

I will finish the night/morning off by coming home and watching my Heat defeat the Lakers :D

23. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Well, I'll be spending it unhappily.

I went to see my mom yesterday and exchange gifts, on my way to her house, my ex called me to let me know personally that she's engaged to a new guy. Wished her and him the best, honestly, they are both good people and they deserve to be happy so I really do wish them both the best.

At the end of that phone call I took a little detour to the ABC store before arriving at my moms.

Went, saw my mom, who of course asked me about the previous ex and how she's doing (my mom loved her). I didn't have the heart to talk about the phone call I just got. Oh well, still had a great time with my mom and got some Amazon giftcards which are going to come in very handily when I move into my new place.

After that, I came home, had two drinks while watching Knight and Day (.99 cents to rent on Amazon) and went to sleep around 8. Woke up wide awake at 3am, about 3 hours ago, and just started drinking.

I will probably continue this bender all weekend and hopefully be not hungover for work on Monday.

24. puma1552 macrumors 601

25. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

Congratulations!