how would u like it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bonds79, May 4, 2011.

1. Bonds79 macrumors 6502

Would you rather be have unlimited data but be throttled for using too much data or would you rather be placed on tiered data , charged 10 dollars a GB like att?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Whats the point of Unlimited if its going to be throttled?

3. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Well, out of those two options, I'll take unlimited. But they're horrible choices... what's the point of your question?

(Not trying to be condescending... just don't understand the point.)

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think tiered is a more equitable option.

You want to use bandwidth, be prepared to pay. I'm not a high bandwidth user, so I'd prefer not paying for others who consume the resources.

5. icstars989 macrumors member

As someone who doesn't use 10+GB/mo of data I'd choose the former. But I do agree with everyone else, horrible choices.

6. wordoflife, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011

wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Depends what the prices are and at what point throttling occurs.
    I think AT&T plans should be the way they are, but have throttling. So if you are on the Dataplus, and you go past 200Mb then you're just throttled, not overcharged. But that's going against what AT&T is trying to do.

7. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Combination of the two.

Internet works fine until you hit a cap, then it is throttled, but you can escape throttling by going online and paying an extra amount for a few more GBs.

8. ap3604 macrumors 68000

If I have to choose between:
    - throttled to incredibly slow speeds after 2gb with Verizon with no way out of that :(
    - ability to pay $10 for another 1gb of data at very fast speeds with Att... I'm going with Att :D

9. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

personally id rather get full speed up to, say, 4gb, and then be throttled after that, than be charged money for going over 4gb

they could offer an option to unlock the speed after 4gb for a price for the rest of the month...

basically the point of it being throttled is that itll keep you from paying for going over

10. Tech198 macrumors G4

I'd rather be throttled.

Its the number #1 reason why people pay excess fees over and above (if they don't pay close attention, particularly when overseas)

But mobile companies are't gonna do that would they, otherwise they wouldn't be in business.

Why would wanna wanna be charged extra for downloading over your cap?

I'm coming from your traditional DSL ISP's how it used to be, but then changed to 'shaping' no charge, later on

This should also be done here too..