How you set your contacts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trance, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Trance macrumors 6502

First & Last name for everyone in your contacts or first names for close friends and family?
    curious how others label their contacts.

right now I have everyone on first and last name it's odd when my mom calls and it displays her full name though.

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

First and last name if I know it.

First name if I don't know the last name.

Physical description if I don't know either.

Still waiting for "Young Kate Beckensale with bigger boobs" to call.

3. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

First and Last name for everyone except the immediate family.

Weird thing though, when I receive an email from my dad, who is labeled "Dad," the iPhone, or maybe MobileMe, will realize a last name is missing from the contact. It will add "Hollberg" to the name. I eventually got sick of changing it back to just Dad so now it reads "Dad Hollberg" which is weird to see. Weird thing is that it doesn't do this for any of the other immediate family, but the rest don't use MobileMe. If you know a way to make it stop doing this that would be great.

4. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I label all my contacts with as much information available. This allows me to transfer contacts to another iPhone via MMS or email to someone who might not be a personal friend and/or family member.

Example: I need to pass a friend's contact to another friend; I simply MMS it to them. Now they have both the first and last name and don't have to worry who "John" is.

5. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

I at least get first and last names and if possible email address. I sync via MobileMe and it allows me to keep my contacts updated on all my Apple devices

6. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

on the other hand, it's a little less embarassing if, say, 'Margaret Smith' calls, rather than the phone saying 'MOM CALLING' ;)

and since i like consistency, i even got my girlfriend on first + last name ;)

it does seem weird at first, but it really helps if even your close family isn't clustered all over your address book. For example, when traveling, i tend to write a little email, add some photos and send it to my parents, my brother, her parents, her brother, my grandpa. By their first names that'd be alot of scrolling :p

7. ikaveh macrumors regular

First and last except for family. I put them in favorites

8. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I only have two favorites, my father and my employer.

9. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I haven't used favorites since we lost double click to favorites in iOS 4

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

lol speaking of contacts, mine are all messed up. I might have multiple for one person, one copy might have their phone number, one might have their house number, one might have email, some of them have first names only, others have both.

I'm going to fix it when I get a new iPhone.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

First and last name for everyone but my immediate family.