Howdy everyone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OutlawImmortal, May 14, 2010.

1. OutlawImmortal macrumors regular

OutlawImmortal

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a iphone 3g which I bought from a buddy when the 3gs first rolled out. It has a crack around the screen near the home button but it does not hurt the function of the phone, asides from hurting the looks.

With the release date of the new iphone looming closer I am holding off upgrading until it comes out even though I can upgrade now. My wife cant upgrade until September sometime and she loves my iphone. I told her that when I upgraded she could have mine until she was able to get a new one.

My question, is there an inexpensive way to repair the screen for her or should I just let it ride until she can get a new one and not worry about it. Other than hurting the looks the phone functions well and the crack is only on the bottom half of the screen and rarely in the way when it comes to touching ap's or links etc. You can feel it when you run your fingers over it but it has never got in my way.

Any advice would be great, thanks:D

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Trust me and wait... the end result will take longer to achieve but will be much much better.

3. OutlawImmortal thread starter macrumors regular

OutlawImmortal

4. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

Is that you Dr. Nick?

[​IMG]

5. tnisatard macrumors 6502

go to ATTwireless.com and check your upgrade date

they are moving people's upgrades up to june 21, and september is pretty close to June sorta (i think i read some people had their upgrade moved from december to june)

so your wife might be in that category, there were a few articles on engadget and boy genius report about it, and macrumors too

6. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

If you want to sell the cracked 3G I am interested. Thanks. ANd like others said, iPhone peep's upgrades are being pushed up a few months. You might get lucky. In Kentucky

7. OutlawImmortal thread starter macrumors regular

OutlawImmortal

I checked today and it still said September.

and how did you know I was from Kentucky?Q:D

8. midge50 macrumors newbie

As a long time lurker, you must have noticed that people put descriptions in the TITLE of each message. This titles help people understand what the topic is being discussed.

The "Howdy Everyone" might be nice, but it serves zero purpose. Could you image if every thread on this page started with similar titles?

Actually, there are worse titles - my favorites include:

Iphone question
    Question
    Can you help
    (user id inserted here)
    Iphone

9. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

he probably new from the link in your sig. :)

10. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

WOw, I didn't even see that. I totally just said that since I have a shirt that says getting lucky in Kentucky. Hahha