iPhone 7(+) How's battery replacement service?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snowboarder, Feb 23, 2018.

1. snowboarder macrumors 6502

Guys, I'm thinking about replacing my battery, as it seems like if I don't it will probably die soon.
    Any recent experiences how it goes? I would do it in Manhattan, not sure which store. Are those geniuses capable or they will break my good iPhone? Are batteries in stock right now?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Maybe call Apple and set up an appointment. Living in such a populated area, there could be a wait.

3. snowboarder thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Sounds like your phone is working now . . . .

Make sure you do a good back up before you go incase they have to replace your device.

5. BearBert macrumors regular

Reserved a battery via online support back on Feb 12th. Yesterday the 22nd received an email my battery was in stock at World Trade apple store, and I have until the 8th of March to come in anytime and have it fixed. Which isn't bad, original estimates said 2-5 weeks.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Do you need a new battery or are you getting one because everyone is doing it?

7. snowboarder thread starter macrumors 6502

OK, so I was quoted 2-5 weeks, but the Apple message - "your battery is ready" came the very next day after chatting with Apple service! It has been completed in less than an hour for two phones today. Crazy. Our phones are like new, and so much faster! No more senior moments of zooming with jitters. No more slower pauses. Nothing. Like new. Fast.

8. sqa4life macrumors regular

Just curious, my ip7+ still last the whole day if I don't use it too much. However I noticed the performance has been degraded greatly. Apps freeze occasionally. Especially when I am on conference call and put the phone on speaker and try to open an app - none of the app will work. I still can launch them, but then they will freeze/hung. Had to kill it and wait until the call is over to use any app. It happens 30% of the time.

Do I qualify for the battery replacement discount?