How's the cell reception on the Verizon iPhone 6s Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hooterville, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

I've heard the cell reception on the Verizon iPhone 6s Plus is not that great.
    Can Verizon users let me know if their cell reception on the 6s Plus is worst then past phones?
    Thanks.

2. JoeyD74 macrumors 6502

No difference I can tell, but in New England I think Verizon has the best phone coverage.

3. I7guy macrumors G5

Im not sure if there is a difference between the 6s and 6s+ but the reception on cdma hasn't changed since my blackberry days but VoLTE works great.

4. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

Yes the 6s plus was worse than my iPhone 6. So I returned the 6s plus back to apple and went back to my 6. I noticed that the call quality wasn't very clear. The 6s plus wasn't as clear on calls as m iPhone 6. I got my fingers crossed for iPhone 7 plus. I'm hoping that the call quality will be better by than.

5. MsRandall, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016

MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

I've used the 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6plus and now the 6s plus - I have not experienced a signal or call quality reduction with my 6s plus on Verizon

6. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I went from Verizon iPhone 6 -> iPhone 6s Plus. Haven't paid close attention, but haven't noticed any differences either in reception.

arn

7. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

8. Traderalways macrumors member

9. Hooterville thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

10. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

My calls are fine. No problem hearing and no one has complained they could not hear me.

11. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Is there any proof to this?

My 6S+ holds signal slightly better than my 6+. I notice it in low-signal situations.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Doesn't sound like there's any actual issues. Just a few anecdotal reports of a few people having issues (or potentially having issues), which is really no different than pretty much any other phone with any other service at any other time.

13. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

No one is going to be able to tell you for sure, there are way too many variables. I'm sure there's a return policy. Buy what you want and if it doesn't work the way you want it to then exchange it.

14. determined09, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016

determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

Sorry, I don't have any proof just my own Personal experience. I got call quality (call clarity) mixed up with cell reception. But I think that I just got a defective 6s+ back in November 2015. I only had the phone for one week.I had two dropped calls on the second day, which is highly usually for me while on Verizon.

15. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

My wife's iPhone 6S Plus on Verizon delivers the same excellent call quality as her 6 Plus does.

I'm on AT&T and it's not quite as good as the Verizon Network.

16. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

I hear you. I shouldn't have asked you for proof. Your experience is your experience.

Thanks for understanding!

17. determined09, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016

determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

You're welcome. It's no problem. But I guess my proof would be a returned 6s+

I'm sure that here are tons of people that have zero problems with there 6+ and 6s+ but I just wasn't one of them.

But here's what happened. I purchased the sim-free iPhone 6s+ with Apple Care on a Saturday back in November 2015. At first the Sales Rep wanted to activate the phone before I left the Apple Store. I paid full price, so there's no contract. I told him that I could activate this phone at home. While this phone was still in the plastic wrap, he slammed the phone down on the table on its side. That was technically a dropped phone, I wasn't thinking about it that time, but I should have requested a different phone at that very moment. The sales rep ( new employee at Apple) wasn't sure about what I told him, so he went to check with his manager. The manager told him that I can activate that phone at home, thus I went home with the phone. The call clarity wasn't as good as my iPhone 6. I noticed that during a phone call with my neighbor I couldn’t hear as clearly as I did when I was on my iPhone 6. So, I asked her if she could hear me clearly and she said no. The other problems were the lag on the lock screen after I've entered my pass-code and unresponsive when I would tap on hyperlink while surfed the Internet. So, that following Tuesday, I called Apple Care and the representative ran remote diagnostic test and it took longer than usually to return the results back to her. So, she told me to make an appointment with the Genius Bar to have that defective iPhone replaced with a brand in the plastic wrap. I made an appointment with the Genius Bar and they wanted to replace that defective phone with one out of the white thin box, the refurbished iPhone. I later found out that I didn't even need an appointment and that I could have just walked into an Apple store and asked to have that less than 14 days old new iPhone replaced with a brand new iPhone out of the plastic wrap. I was told this at a different Apple Store. In addition, I asked a Verizon Wireless manager about the problems with the call clarity and the other problems that I was having. He suggested that I go into settings and turn on the “ Voice & Data” for the Enable LTE to see if possibly improve the call clarity if not then I should return that phone. There wasn’t any improvement, so I returned the iPhone and went back to my iPhone 6 will the clear call quality. I may get the iPhone 7+ when it comes out in Sept. 2015.

18. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW