Hows your iPhone 5 battery life with iOS 7? Mines sucks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chuck-Norris, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a

I think mines worse, even in stanby and airplane mode i leave overnight it drops

2. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

Turn off Location Services & Delete Facebook. See if that helps.

3. pogoyoyo macrumors regular

Mine has taken a 180 degree turn... By this time, 11:11am, i am usually below 50%, and dead by 1230-1pm. I am at 91% right now, have facebook constantly open and location services turned on. Loving iOS 7 right now.

4. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Mine seems great. One thing I have been noticing amongst MR members, though, is that it seems the battery meter (software) might need some "calibrating." I've read posts where users state that they are at 95-100% for quite some time and then battery life falls drastically. Who knows... it's only day 3 of beta one. :) :apple:

5. divisionbuyzero macrumors member

divisionbuyzero

I agree, mine has been awful (dies by 2pm) but that's to be expected from betas. Mine also tends to crash around 5% left.

6. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

There are two possibilities: 1. The spelling of iOS developers is just atrocious nowadays. 2. You are not an iOS developer and therefore using a pirated copy of iOS 7.

7. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

going with option 2.

8. Chuck-Norris thread starter macrumors 6502a

uh yes

9. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Geez who cares. Tired of reading these posts. They aren't pirates necessarily so stop making them sound like they are burning DVDs for profit here. Sure they are using beta software when they probably shouldn't be so let them gripe. If they can't figure out their battery sucks because its only beta and they can't understand that then let them. I understand they didn't buy a license. I understand apple nor the MR community likes the fact that non devs have access to it. It is what it is. There's alot of intArwebs p0licing going on here and it's just getting annoying. MR posted they don't want talking about how to get it running for non devs and not to sell UDID spots. This guy didn't break the rules. Simply tell him it's. beta OS and its expected then point him to the other 1000's of "my battery life______" threads. Then show him where the iOS 7 forum is where there are already threads on this exact topic already. I'm surprised you didn't blast him for that instead of the "uh oh you are a pirater OMG!"

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

11. syd430 Guest

Wow. Half the "iOS developers" with developer accounts I know are just a bunch of kids with little formal education past high school. Not part of some master race that you make them out to be. A lot of iOS developers are also from non-English speaking backgrounds. Yes the OP most likely has a pirated copy, but your assumptions are laughable regardless.

12. taedouni macrumors 65816

It's a beta. Not an official release meant for general usage.

13. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Oh, stop this crap. You're not clever. Just go away.

----------

You're not quite the winner you think you are either. There's absolutely nothing you know about the OP that could point to him being a developer or not. Furthermore, maybe, just maybe, it happens to not be your business if he's a developer or the pope himself. Stop bringing this crap up. Nobody cares who's a developer and who isn't. If you're so obsessed about it, go to the nearest mirror and discuss it with your friends.

Waste of life aside, OP, turn off background app updates. I did and my battery basically got twice as good. Level of success may vary.

14. Chuck-Norris thread starter macrumors 6502a

is it the one called background apps refresh switch?

15. Cscottrun macrumors 6502

Does a thread/post exist which has some suggestions as to what is causing the decrease in battery life for some people? I have done a few things that I have seen on the boards and what not, but I am still getting horrible battery life. I understand its a beta, but some are getting great battery life, so I might as well try to eliminate the the cause (if it is just one thing) or causes.

16. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Since IOS7 is the same for everyone testing it, it must be either the settings or the apps which are different between the people getting better battery life and those getting worse battery life.

As a suggestion, close all your apps and see how the battery life is just opening the IOS apps for a day (safari etc). If the battery life is good with just the IOS apps, start adding back apps into your daily use until the battery life crashes. If it's bad with just the IOS apps, it's probably something in the settings.

17. Weiser878 macrumors regular

I'm noticing it drain faster when I'm using it, but I was thinking that could also have to do with the much brighter color palette. On standby, it seems to last just as well, if not longer.

18. taedouni macrumors 65816

Well it is called a beta. Battery is dealt with near the end of the beta.

19. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

"For profit" doesn't make a difference. If you are tired of reading these posts, they can be stopped very easily by people stopping to report on their use of pirated software. And we all know that people _have_ been selling pre-release iOS versions for cash.

The purpose of giving iOS 7 pre-releases to developers is not for them to whine on MacRumors when they find a problem, but to send a bug report to Apple, specifying exactly what they are doing, what action makes the problem appear and what makes it go away, so that Apple engineers can fix the problem which benefits all the users. Whiners who complain about a pirated iOS 7 version are just parasites who do nothing for anyone.

----------

Does the truth hurt you that much?

----------

Very simple: He is posting about iOS 7 on MacRumors. That means he either isn't a developer, or his developer account would be cancelled immediately by Apple if they found out. That's all we need to know.