How's your iPhone 6 battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nhlfreak98, Apr 19, 2015.

1. nhlfreak98 macrumors 6502

I unplug mine at 6am for work and I just check email durning the day, send texts and check social media, but by 5 or 6 pm I need to charge it. I've seen a couple posts where people didn't need to charge until 9 or 10 pm

2. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

Mine gets me through about 12 hours. with 15-20% remaining. That's with heavy bluetooth audio usage.

If I use the GPS though, yikes, I better be plugged in.

3. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

iPhone 6 unplugged at 6:40 am. On average I'm left with 70% by 4pm.

4. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow I'm assuming with light usage?

5. Nermal, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015

Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I plug mine in every second evening when I get home from work. It doesn't sound good at all if yours is draining in less than a day.

6. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I only charge my iPhone 6 every other day. I get around 38 hours battery life between charges with moderate use.

7. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

3 accounts email pushing. Besides that light yes.

8. Interstellar, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015

Interstellar macrumors newbie

Spent the whole day in low signal areas, so I'm satisfied with this.

[​IMG]

Running 8.4

9. Russiaone macrumors 6502

Mine is absolutely phenomenal. Right after the 8.3 update it was absolutely terrible, though. After one complete drain, however... EXCELLENT!

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

What are the actual usage and standby times that appear on the phone at that time at the end of the day?

11. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

I recently did a group walk in london where my phone would have come off charge around 6am, used google maps to get me to the start (walking directions when I got off the tube stop in London), had mapmywalk tracking for 4.5 hours, plus my vivoactive connected to it, receiving & sending texts, took about 40 snaps with the camera along the way, plus listened to music just through the apple earphones for 3/4 of the time and still had 37% at the end, then using garmin connect mobile to upload the vivoactive track. Phone lasted me until about 5pm.

In a normal day I can easily get through the day.

12. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

I guess I'm what most people here would describe as a "light user". I typically only charge my phone every 2-3 days. The battery stats usually say about 9 hours of usage, but a lot of that is simple email, text, Facebook, or listening to music. I don't consume a lot of media or play games.

13. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I'm similiar to you. I unplug my phone at 6:30am, and usually by the time I leave the office at 4pm, I'm at or around 70%. I don't play with my phone a whole lot during the day. Mostly it's checking email, iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp. If it's a slow day at work, I'll stream music from Spotify. In that case, my battery is probably around 50% by the time I leave. Either way, I usually have no problem making it to 11pm (when I go to bed) without having to plug in (I pretty much have the same useage at home that I do at work, maybe with a phone call here and there). Although I should mention that whenever I'm in my car, I plug my phone in to stream Spotify and/or iTunes Radio through my car speakers.

14. bushido Suspended

bushido

the most I have ever gotten was 6 hours but I am constantly on it

usually around 5 hours with background refresh and push disabled and Mails set to manual

15. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

This sounds like a very good description of every iPhone I've owned since 2008.

While not every day is exactly the same, I'd say that "I have to charge it on the drive home" is a pretty average way of describing all the iPhones I've owned.

16. jakefloyd macrumors member

Jeez.

17. Mac-lover3 macrumors 6502

Mac-lover3

That's not a lot :eek: I get that out of my 'old' iPhone 5

18. SeilerBird macrumors regular

SeilerBird

I plug mine in to charge just about every night. I usually have 90% battery left when I plug in. On my worst day I have about 50% left.

19. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

You got to be checking alot of mail, text and social media as I consider myself a pretty heavt business user and unplug my phone at 4am and it never has less than 40% at 7pm when it is plugged in to charge.

20. bushido Suspended

bushido

90% by the end of the day??? I am reaching 90% before I even make it out of bed

21. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

Not really I check social media about 2-3 times every hour. I have email set on fetch for every 30 mins.

22. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Are you in an area of poor reception? Too many varibles to determine here.

When you get by an Apple store they will test it for free.

23. nhlfreak98 thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I have Verizon so I almost have 4-5 bars of LTE wherever I am

24. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

This is why you want future iPhones to stick with only 1GB of RAM.....you hardly use your phone.#

25. poematik13 macrumors 6502a

My 6+ lasts all day and still has 20-30% left before I plug it in at bedtime
    Thats with light-moderate use and no gaming or GPS.
    Those two factors change it considerably; playing mortal kombat for example will drain the device in a couple hours, and having bluetooth in the car + google maps running for navigation will also run it down fast so i keep it plugged into the car charger.