HTC Announces Art Deco-Inspired Desire 10 'Lifestyle' and 'Pro' Phones

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 20, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

HTC today announced two new mid-range Android smartphones, a budget-oriented model called the Desire 10 Lifestyle and a more capable, more expensive handset called the Desire 10 Pro.

The Lifestyle model is a 5.5-inch device with a 720p Gorilla Glass display, quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 2GB or 3GB RAM, 16GB or 32GB expandable storage, a 13-megapixel f/2.2 rear camera, 5-megapixel f.2.8 front-facing camera, and 24-bit Hi-Res sound certified by Dolby Audio.

[​IMG]

The Pro handset is the same size and has the same storage capacity options and audio features, but comes with a 1080p display, 64-bit Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor, 3GB or 4GB RAM, a 20-megapixel f/2.2 camera with laser autofocus, a 13-megapixel f.2.2 front-facing camera with selfie panorama, and a fingerprint reader.

The two "Art Deco" inspired phones - which include a headphone jack - are matte plastic with a metal trim, and take design cues from the HTC 10, the company's flagship smartphone for 2016, coming on the heels of last year's HTC One M9 device. Both phones will be available in black, white, light blue, and dark blue.

[​IMG]

HTC's new Desire 10 range represents the company's attempt to compete below Samsung's and Apple's flagship high-end smartphones, in a cheaper market segment populated by devices like the Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus.

HTC says the handsets will be released exclusively in Europe to begin with, with the Lifestyle available from today and the Pro model coming in November. Prices are as yet unconfirmed for the latter model, but the Lifestyle costs £249, which converts to around $325.

[​IMG]

Some MacRumors readers may remember HTC was forced to deny claims last year that the company's flagship One A9 copied the iPhone. Apple declined to comment on the claims, but has taken legal action against Samsung for perceived copying in the past.

Article Link: HTC Announces Art Deco-Inspired Desire 10 'Lifestyle' and 'Pro' Phones

2. Telos101 macrumors regular

Telos101

The black looks really cool actually. Nice.

3. Scotty2Hotty macrumors member

Scotty2Hotty

"The two "Art Deco" inspired phones - which include a headphone jack"... Anything on your mind MR?

4. lk400 macrumors 6502a

Well, at least the post has the word Apple in it a few times. So I guess it's relevant!

5. cbaca51 macrumors regular

6. rudychidiac Suspended

rudychidiac

I love the dark blue, and I laughed at how you mentioned "which include a headphone jack"... It's a feature now! A main selling point!

7. iamgalt macrumors regular

iamgalt

The black and gold looks really nice. I always wished apple offered the gold phone with the black face (and black antenna bands). Maybe someday.

8. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

Was sold on one of these til I saw it had a headphone jack. Who wants a phone with such an outdated technology?

9. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Surely not any more relevant than your comment, right?

I always liked HTC, they manage to make an affordable, sleek and reliable Phone, even if these models do not appeal to me.

10. Someone256 macrumors newbie

11. MacinJosh macrumors 6502a

Having gold accents doesn't make it Art Deco but I do like the idea.

12. itsmilo macrumors 68030

itsmilo

Glad at least one other brand got as big as a bezel as the iPhone in the year 2016 lol

The black on gold one looks nice

13. smacrumon macrumors 68030

smacrumon

Not art deco. Just ferrel. Just an excuse for HTC to display antenna lines.

Art deco reminder ya'll:

[​IMG]

14. Sunny1990, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Who the **** cares what you say,seems like you like the bundle of wires which apple provide in the box, "outdated" what about ips lcd which apple uses in their iPhone isn't it outdated. Low pixel density isn't it outdated.2 gb ram isn't it outdated which apple should have improved rather than removing headphone Jack

15. PatriotInvasion macrumors 68000

PatriotInvasion

"Holy antenna lines! Gross! Ugly!"

...oh it's not an Apple product? Ok, on with my life.

16. gixxerfool macrumors 65816

gixxerfool

I love Art Deco. This is not it. This is garish and ugly.

17. chr1s60, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016

chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

The headphone jack is decades older than all the technologies you mentioned. Use bluetooth. On an outdated level you aren't even close. Apple could put a Floppy disk drive on the new iMac and it would be newer technology than the headphone jack. I just don't get why you are so attached... literally.

18. GrumpyMom macrumors G3

GrumpyMom

I think they're pretty but I can't see them appealing to too many guys I know. A lot of women I know have phone cases that look sort of like these designs.

19. pika2000 macrumors 603

Snapdragon 400? Seriously HTC? This is a chip from 2013!
    People are claiming Apple to be not innovative since they are not changing the iPhone appearance every 6 months. Look at these Android OEMs putting old chips into new case and sell a phone as new model.

20. GrumpyMom macrumors G3

GrumpyMom

I was wondering about that. I'm new to Android so I'm not super familiar with the numbering and evolution of their chipsets.

21. coolfactor macrumors 601

Some MacRumors readers may remember HTC was forced to deny claims last year that the company's flagship One A9 copied the iPhone.

HTC had my respect until this happened. Then no more.

22. WBRacing macrumors 65816

I'm still chuckling at the article which tongue in cheek said how it is truly - "Plug & Play". :D

23. rizzo41999 macrumors 6502

rizzo41999

I wouldn't consider this an art deco, but I do think Art deco should make a come back

24. coolfactor macrumors 601

First off, is your "?" character broken? I had to read your post 3x just to decipher it.

Now, as for the screen being low-density.... you're joking, right? It's still a Retina display, so your eyes can't see the individual pixels. Go higher-density won't make any difference. Apple *did* improve upon the display dramatically by introducing Wide Colour Gamut, and it's been rated the best mobile LCD on the market.

As for 2GB of AM, seriously? Adding RAM is innovative? No... making the operating system run well with less memory (compared to Android, etc.) is innovative, as that involves creative engineering and very close attention to detail. They have delivered that year after year.

25. kamalds macrumors regular

Everyone excluding you.