Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcmonkiez

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
If I can get an unlocked Hero to use on att my 3gs will be up for sale...

you can get unlocked easily .. so far happy with HTC hero iphone just sitting on my table and relax and don tknow folks i find it bit bored with iphone now so HTC something new UI and features to play with lol anyway.. everyone have choice..

cenetti

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
I am just like you right now. I am soooOOOOoo bored with iphone, it's not even funny. 2g then 3g. I 've been using same OS since 07... I need a change lol...

I was looking forward to hero until I read the engadget review. They said the hardware can't catch up with the UI.... a few widgets then it slows down the device..

Same thing with Palm.. love the WebOs but then pre is a plastic junk.

WebOs or android, as soon as they get a matching hardware... I'll be gone...

lavinci

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2009
I am just like you right now. I am soooOOOOoo bored with iphone, it's not even funny. 2g then 3g. I 've been using same OS since 07... I need a change lol...

I was looking forward to hero until I read the engadget review. They said the hardware can't catch up with the UI.... a few widgets then it slows down the device..

Same thing with Palm.. love the WebOs but then pre is a plastic junk.

WebOs or android, as soon as they get a matching hardware... I'll be gone...

That sounds just like symbian OS. The N97 is amazing but software sucks.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
looks very nice. I won't be leaving the iphone for it, but up there with the Pre as other very viable smartphone choices.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Ewe @ the chin of that phone, lol.

Hardware wise, A LOT of phones are better than the iPhone, but what they don't have is the X-Factor. The iPhones does just enough to outdo everyone.

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
USA

I think the interface is pretty nice. That looks like a decent phone.

Anyways, I hate the bent look. No phone should be bent. It's just like the G1 phone! Bent! It's hideous.

The rest of the phone, however, looks very nice.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Too many buttons, might confuse people :D, and the elbow thing has got to go. Nice try though!

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
Agreed, ugliest smart phone so far in 2009.

+1 i dont like that curve at that bottom, i think the HTC Hero looks like a heavily modified tricorder

typevii-medical-tricorder.jpg
htc_hero.jpg

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
*Shrug* the prē looks better IMHO, that chin just bugs the heck out me...makes the White one look like a fisher price toy but I love the sense UI which is unfortunately hampered by HTC cheapening out on hardware thus making it slow and clunky

These two combinations (chin and slow) will prevent me from getting one. I've been spoilt by the sheer speed of the 3GS that using anything not as responsive as at least the 2.2.1 iPhone 3G after a little 'pushing' is a no go for me

Maybe if HTC do a major software optimization update...

agkm800

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Will it be a 3G phone when it comes to US later this year?

Also, how fast is the phone? About the same as iPhone 3GS?

ruinfx

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2008
Does this mean it will be AT&T exclusive in US?

No chance it will be carried by Verizon?

i wouldnt rule a cdma version out, but not until later this year. i dont think cdma will be supported until 2.0 (donut).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.