http://www.macrumors.com/ is loading slowly

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I know there has been a lot more activity around here with the introduction of the iPad, the speculation of a MBP refresh and the anticipation of 4.0 for the iPhone

Perhaps the servers are just feeling the load

amon91

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2010
Same. I'm new to this site but it definitely loads more slowly than most of the sites I visit.

oacory

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2008
New Jersey
I agree that it has been loading slower than usual but it seems to be coming back to normal over the last two or three days. I was even getting time outs when loading the page fairly constantly before.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
the forums have been under load (forums.macrumors.com) and we've been taking steps to fix that.

The front page, however, (www.macrumors.com) shouldn't be slow. I visit it myself daily and haven't noticed a drop off.

anyone else?

arn

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
the forums have been under load (forums.macrumors.com) and we've been taking steps to fix that.

The front page, however, (www.macrumors.com) shouldn't be slow. I visit it myself daily and haven't noticed a drop off.

anyone else?

arn
Everything seems fine to me. I haven't noticed any problems for a long time (since the last time we had problems several months ago).

tooz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
Safari won't even let me load the front page, giving the message the page isn't where it's responding.
Interestingly, I can get to it through Hotspot (what I'm doing now) and it loads fine...

In Sydney Australia if it helps

EDIT: can't even load the forums without it :/

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
The forums frequently go down for me too. Probably a few times every day I'd say. Might be like 15-30 seconds before it comes back again and then it's snappy.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I don't know what just happened, but this is weird!
Picture 1.JPG
The screen cap didn't upload, but when viewing Forum Spy, it suddenly showed:
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 49

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 97

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forums/public_html/includes/init.php on line 124
Then, when I tried to Log Out, I got:
Picture 2.JPG