Huge X OS problem

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Donnimac, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Donnimac macrumors newbie

Donnimac

I got a Macbook 2007 era Intel 2 Duo. I got it with SL and its been nothing but trouble when I try to update. Don't want to talk about the 1st time bc that was hell for one week trying to fix it. I just had it since off to this shop and they fixed it and reload the OS. Well I guess they did not fix the problem completely. I try to download Lion and it would not install correctly. I did it a few time more and finally it worked. The problem came when the computer reset it self and keep getting errors during the installing process, so I installed once more. Nothing. Same error kept popping up. So then i try to re-install SL with the CD...a bust...nothing. Try to do it from a USB...NOTHING!:confused: It kept saying my HDD was locked I completely reformatted the HDD and try to reload SL once again...everything worked up until the last part the screen goes brown...-____- So i formatted the HDD again and nothing no SL no Lion *rawr* I looked everywhere on what to do and i done everything I saw and nothing has worked. I really don't want to pay $70. Ne suggestions? and please be gentle :p

thanks guys. Hope to hear from yall soon.

2. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

my install was flawless but I think I read that somewhere that repairing your disk permissions will fix things up.

3. Donnimac thread starter macrumors newbie

Donnimac

I did that too..trust me and nothing. :(

4. gofightlose macrumors member

gofightlose

this sounds interesting. is there an apple store nearby? Im sure they would be willing to help, even if you're not on applecare.

5. Supershuttle macrumors newbie

Macbook 2007 era Intel 2 Duo eh? I think that's the problem... Have you tried burning a disc of Lion 10.7? Formatting your disk and then installing Lion 10.7 and not Snow Leopard 10.6.

6. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Did you start with 10.6.8 or the original from the SL install DVD? I believe, if you're starting from SL, 10.6.8 is required.

When you reformatted the drive, did you start with a new, single GUID partition, or just erase? If the latter, I'd suggest a repartioning, then clean install of SL (Lion if you have the bootable DMG ).

2007 Core 2 duo should be fine. I helped install on the first 17" C2D 2.33 and had no issues. They came out in Oct, 2006.

7. Donnimac, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2011

Donnimac thread starter macrumors newbie

Donnimac

I tried to install Lion and I keep getting errors during the installation like when i 1st started installing it b4 it went all crazy on me. :(
    You know i 4got to mention the CD drive went all crazy post-lion! In SL it was fine and now during start up makes a weird noise. So everything I am doing is through an external HDD.

My CD drive is not working, I don't know why and that is another problem another day, so I think it's original install disc just in .dmg. As for the reformatting I think it was just an erase because I took the HDD out and put it in a HDD reader and went from there. I did try a repartioning already and those lovely errors come up.

Yes there are tons around me but I think my MB is such a lost cause they probably charge me a price of a new MBP. lol. :p

8. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

If you purchase Lion through the App Store, you get 90 days of complimentary support.

I would give Applecare a call or make an appointment at the store.

Hopefully they can get it sorted out for you.

9. Donnimac thread starter macrumors newbie

Donnimac

hmm i didn't know that. ill see if I can stop by.

One of my buddy who deals with apples' computers, he said it could be a HDD issue:eek:. Might have to replace depending on what Apple tells me.

10. Donnimac thread starter macrumors newbie

Donnimac

OK well i fixed the problem!!!!! =)

It was a bad Ram. Im back to snow leopard with 1GB of ram. I had 3GB, too it out and installed SL flawless. I will buy 2GB soon to get Lion.

Thanks for all yalls helps guys!!!