Hunger Games not in iBooks

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HeadGear, Mar 12, 2012.

1. HeadGear macrumors member

Anyone know any reason why Hunger Games isn't in iBooks? Or when it will be. Such a popular book you would think it would be, especially with it coming in theaters so soon.

2. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

It depends on if the publisher will release it to iBooks. I believe you can purchase it via the Kindle app on the iPad.

3. urkel macrumors 68030

If you want I'll just tell you the ending. ;)

I actually read the series) a while ago before I realized it was a "Young Adult" title. So while the book is good (the first one at least), Im not sure if the movie will be violent enough since they're aiming at the twilight crowd.

4. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

5. HeadGear thread starter macrumors member

Sucks it's not there, hopefully that will be corrected soon enough. Def not apart of the Twilight crowd I'd rather take a hammer to my face.

6. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

I wonder if it is because it is reasonably priced on Amazon instead of the Apple Book Store hostage prices of $14.99 and up.

Just get it on the Kindle App, only like $7 per book.

7. wayne905 macrumors member

wayne905

I had to buy my copy using the Kobo app, since it wasn't for sale on the Apple Book store.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

They can only sell what publishers offer and if there is either no agreement with that publisher or no agreement with the author as a whole then no dice. I only borrowed from the Kindle Lending library. Not to mention, I bet the iBook version would be extremely pricey compared to Amazon. I prefer Amazon as a whole.

9. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Kindle had it on sale for a while - less than $5. Not sure if it still is.

Many Young Adult series are excellent. You just won't get graphic sex scenes in them.

Can't wait for the movie - the trailer looks really good!

10. brandon8419 macrumors member

I noticed this as well...but at least the Kindle app will let you buy it.

Now if only Harry Potter were finally released in eform I would be so darn happy lol. I don't care that I'm in my late 20s, those books will always be great

11. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Here you go, Brandon:

Harry Potter ebook Rentals Coming Soon

It mentions sales down at the end of the article. No date yet though.

12. brandon8419 macrumors member

13. jenkins09 macrumors newbie

Not sure if this is completely indicative, but: I have also been watching for it in the iBookstore since I don't really want to fragment part of my collection with the Kindle app. Today, I found this thread and searched for it in iTunes, and noticed that the Italian version of the second book has showed up for preorder, and will be released on March 20 for $13.99.

I'll probably wait until then to see if it shows up before settling for Kindle!

14. chukronos macrumors 6502

I read it in the kindle app. I regularly use the Nook, Kindle, and iBook apps. The Nook app is the worst of the 3.