Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Accessory maker Hyper today announced the release of the HyperJuice Magnetic Wireless Charging Stand, a MagSafe-compatible mount for charging any iPhone 12 model and AirPods in a wireless charging case simultaneously.

hyper-magsafe-compatible-iphone-12-charging-stand.jpg

While the mount is compatible with the MagSafe system, it is not an official MagSafe accessory, so iPhone 12 charging speeds are limited to up to 7.5W like other wireless Qi chargers. For faster wireless charging up to 15W, options include Apple's MagSafe Charger and MagSafe Duo Charger, and Belkin's 3-in-1 Boost Charge Pro.

Hyper's mount features a stainless steel and aluminum design with adjustable iPhone viewing angles, an LED charging indicator, and a 20W USB-C input.

The mount is available starting today on Hyper's website and at select retailers for $59.99.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner Hyper Shop. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: Hyper Introduces MagSafe-Compatible Charging Stand for iPhone 12 and AirPods

Last edited:

BuffaloTF

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2008
Do they also sell those rigid wires with the perfect 90º bend in them?
I don’t know, but I have a lot of packed-in wires that have MANY perfect 90 degree bends in them. Would you like me to send you one capable of several perfect squares or triangles? ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: ziriko and mazz0

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
404 Not Found.
Found it in the News section of their online shop:

Lemon Olive

Suspended
Nov 30, 2020
Yet another Mag-Safe accessory thats crippled in charging speeds.

How much is Apple charging to license this crap, or are they not licensing it at all?
People are way, way, way too obsessed with charging speeds.

Charge your phone over night. Use it like a normal healthy person during the day. It will last.

If it doesn't, plug it in for 20 minutes.

jashworth03

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014

How much is Apple charging to license this crap, or are they not licensing it at all?
If you look at the lack of battery banks that are MagSafe, 3rd party stands, etc., I'm sure the licensing is very high. Then again, if I'm Anker/ChoeTech/Satechi, why would I even pay a dime if I can get pretty good charging speeds and make it magnetic. I think I gamble on selling a ton without people knowing it's not charging at full mag safe speed.

The Anker announced magsafe battery bank is what I'm waiting for. Supposedly it was to go on sale in February. We are more than half way thru and nothing yet. Tired of 3rd party knock offs. Give me that Anker love.

bluespark

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago

This is not a Mag-Safe accessory and is not licensed. It's simply an accessory with magnets that rely on the MagSafe magnets to work.

The article explains that this means it limited to ordinary Qi charging speeds, and that also means it is subject to the energy loss (waste) that other wireless chargers create. The point of confusion in my view is that some manufacturers are calling these things Mag-Safe "compatible" and articles like this one take the bait. This is *not* compatible in the most meaningful sense, in that it doesn't provide for the better charging connection, speed, and efficiency that MagSafe allows. We should stop calling things like this "Mag-Safe compatible" and instead simply refer to them as magnetic.

Reactions: AppleTO

Just sayin...

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2008
Belkin allegedly was going to produce one of these 2-way chargers (iPhone + AirPods) that supported iPhone MagSafe full-rate charging, but instead is going with one of the 3-way chargers (iPhone + AirPods + Apple Watch). Since I don’t have an Apple Watch, I was waiting for the release of the 2-way charger...which never showed up. Even though it’s not full-speed like the vaporware Belkin, I’m going to buy one of these Hyper combo-chargers as my overnight iPhone/AirPod holder/charger. It’s “good enough” for my needs.

peneaux

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2020
If you're going to buy crap, buy directly from Aliexpress. At least you don't have to pay this outrageous price for something you can get for a fraction.

Reactions: AleRod and haruhiko

Rojaaemon

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2016
Imagine... how cool and convenient if that $1000 Apple Pro Stand could charge your small devices or at least warm your tea cup.

Reactions: Wordman

garlicbread24

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
THIS.
Also, nice keyboard, I wonder if that’s a Satechi one.
you might be right I just did a quick search looks a lot like this one from them:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.