Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Hyper today officially launched the HyperJuice Magnetic Wireless Battery Pack for the iPhone 12 lineup, allowing customers to utilize MagSafe and wireless charging technology to power up their iPhones on the go.

Untitled-2.jpg

The battery pack only uses MagSafe to align itself magnetically to the iPhone 12 – it doesn't actually do the charging using MagSafe technology. Instead, it will charge the iPhone using standard 7.5W wireless Qi charging. The pack weighs 120 grams and has a built-in 5,000 mAH battery, meaning an iPhone 12 can be fully charged twice on the go.

HyperJuice-Magnetic-Wireless-Battery-Pack_Front-1.jpeg

The battery pack itself charges over USB-C, which also means it doubles as a portable standard power bank for any smartphone, thanks to its USB-C port that supports up to 12W of charging power. The battery pack design is straightforward, featuring a four-stage LED charging indicator and an on-off button on the bottom. Hyper says the battery pack features "industry-leading advanced temperature control, overcharge protection, and foreign object detection."

HyperJuice-Magnetic-Wireless-Battery-Pack_Apart.png

The HyperJuice Magnetic Wireless Battery Pack is available for order now for $39.99.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner Hyper Shop. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: Hyper Launches Magnetic Wireless Battery Pack for iPhone 12 Lineup

Pupi

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2015
The pack weighs 120 grams and has a built-in 5,000 mAH battery, meaning an iPhone 12 can be fully charged twice on the go.

Are you assuming based on battery capacity? Because you waste a LOT of mAH by wireless charging. It’s not efficient at all.

Hopefully this charges with a cable as well (and turns wireless charging off) and then a little U shaped cable could do the rest.

JonnyBlaze

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2008
UK
Are you assuming based on battery capacity? Because you waste a LOT of mAH by wireless charging. It’s not efficient at all.

Hopefully this charges with a cable as well (and turns wireless charging off) and then a little U shaped cable could do the rest.
I was just thinking this. If you just used a cable to charge with, the pack could be smaller because they wouldn't have to account for all the power loss due to inefficiency of wireless charging. I really don’t get wireless charging in this instance, just plug the thing in...

az431

Suspended
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR
I’m surprised given how much Apple highlighted the potential of MagSafe, they still haven’t came out with anything aside from the charger & wallet. All while not licensing 15W charging to anyone else.

You made that up, and it's bs.

Remy149

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2016
I’m surprised given how much Apple highlighted the potential of MagSafe, they still haven’t came out with anything aside from the charger & wallet. All while not licensing 15W charging to anyone else.
I’ve seen several 3rd party products that are capable of 15w. It seems more so that some manufacturers just don’t want to pay for the licensing

n-evo

macrumors 65832
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Have you confirmed that it's actually 15W other than what was advertised?
As far as I can tell it charges at the same speed as the original Apple MagSafe charger in the next room so I imagine so. It also triggers the circular MagSafe charge animation on my iPhone when using the Joyroom charger in combination with a 20W USB C adapter.

Last edited:

AmazeSE

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2017

I just thought the same thing. Anker released a product just like this a month ago.
With a 5,000 mAh capacity, the battery pack is capable of charging the iPhone 12 mini from 0% to 100%, the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro from 0% to around 95%, and the iPhone 12 Pro Max from 0% to 75%, according to Anker.
From this MacRumors article written a month ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: macsplusmacs

jaisonline

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2012
is this a joke? It’s huge. Heck, people made fun of iPhone users with their oem “bump / humb “ case.

also, no case protection.

Reactions: DeepIn2U
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.