Hypothetical- X is not arriving until January...

What do you do?

  • Patiently wait until January

    Votes: 61 55.5%
  • Cancel your order and get an 8

    Votes: 19 17.3%
  • Buy one on eBay/Craigslist

    Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Get in line at an Apple/Carrier Store Nov 2 before 2pm

    Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Get in line at an Apple/Carrier Store Nov 2 before 8pm

    Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Get in line at an Apple/Carrier Store Nov 2 before Midnight

    Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Get in line at an Apple/Carrier Store Nov 2 after Midnight

    Votes: 10 9.1%

  • Total voters
    110

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
433
203
Lets say you preorder the X and Apple tells you it's not arriving until January... Vote in the poll above!
 

ray6712

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2012
294
113
StL
Hypothetically your either gonna wait or go with another phone the choice is yours!
 

noteple

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2011
1,407
323
There will be folks that ask for an iPhone X in December
Some will wait until January, well after the Holidays
 

noteple

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2011
1,407
323
if AirPods were a prediction and each store got an average of 100 Units divided between
Two Colors, Two Memory Sizes, and Two Different Carrier Models (CDMA/GSM)
How many do YOU think will be
Reserved For Pre Order Pickup VS
Available For Casual Walk-ins
 

Jimpilot

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
1,024
599
No
I’m thinking I’ll keep my 7+ but I do want to keep the IUP program active. My sister in law has a 6+, I may just keep the current phone until Sept when it will be paid off and give it to her when I get the next phone.

Because if I get a phone in Jan you'll have to make several IUP payments to get in sync with the next launch.
 

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
2,042
875
As much as I don't want an 8 Plus over the X I'm not keeping my SE until next year and even living with it for another few months doesn't sound very appealing to me. So I would probably break down and buy and 8 Plus.
 

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
6,747
4,885
I wouldn’t bother at that point, and would wait until next September’s reveal.

As a yearly upgrader, waiting until January absolutely screws me over for the next iPhone launch. It would set me back 4 months for the iPhone 9 and/or X2.

No way I’m boarding that train.
 

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
696
493
Mississauga
lol im the only one that voted for ebay/craigslist. Honestly though, I'd be willing to wait till the end of the year but thats it. if it turns jan 1, 2018, im waiting till september. I'm on a 6 plus that hass bendgate and touch death problems, so i really don't want to have to think about not getting the X. Theres no way id get the 8 though , id rather save my money and continue using my 6+ till next year.
 

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
433
203
lol im the only one that voted for ebay/craigslist. Honestly though, I'd be willing to wait till the end of the year but thats it. if it turns jan 1, 2018, im waiting till september. I'm on a 6 plus that hass bendgate and touch death problems, so i really don't want to have to think about not getting the X. Theres no way id get the 8 though , id rather save my money and continue using my 6+ till next year.
So you voted as a joke (hopefully)?
 

MattXDA

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2014
429
268
UK
I always thought that November 2nd Before Midnight was actually November 1st. Little did I know...