Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Have never done such a thing but the battery life on my XR is wicked good! I can do most things one handed and the screen isn’t bad at all. But the battery life, off the charger at 6am at 6pm I have 74% left, yes that deserves a praise email:)

AddisonIII

macrumors regular
May 8, 2013
Have never done such a thing but the battery life on my XR is wicked good! I can do most things one handed and the screen isn’t bad at all. But the battery life, off the charger at 6am at 6pm I have 74% left, yes that deserves a praise email:)
There seems to be many owners of XR who are enjoying the battery life. I am also one of those, and very happy about it

sjinsjca

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2008
He reads his emails and, yes, sometimes can respond. A few years back I wrote to him with kudos for a particular thing he'd done, and he wrote back the next morning (5 a.m., on a Saturday, from an iPad) with a note of thanks for my support. Class.

Hope you get an answer back, but it all depends on timing. He's a busy boy and obviously can't answer every email.

Reactions: Wide opeN

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I’ve emailed him loads of times. We’re practically pen pals.

Reminds me of my last pen pal, what was his name... Zoya. Granted, Zoya never once responded, and the last letter I sent was returned because apparently that country doesn’t exist any more.

Now that I think of it, they have quite a lot in common — Tim doesn’t respond to me either. But I like to think, much like little Zoya, that he’s reading about my daily life with a smile and my speculations about ARM Macs.

Just you wait: he’ll go on stage one day and say “it was all thanks to that email! Such ideas never once crossed our mind. Good job, muscular handsome stranger.” Or maybe he’d go with ‘Herculean’ rather than ‘handsome’... yeah, I think I’d prefer that.

Brb, gonna message Tim to help him craft his thank you speech.

AppleWes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2013
Good emails can go a long way! Most people will only look for negative things, or rude messages. Never know, you may get a reply :)

Reactions: Broadus

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
He has a special team that responds to emails that are sent to him . It's very unlikely him . Sorry to burst your bubble
Exactly.

Do people have any idea of the amount of email traffic these days?

There is no way that execs like him open up Mail and diligently go through the 1,000s of new.

No. These things get filtered by his "people". You know, the ones you have to make an appointment with. ;)

Still, now and then I suspect they throw him a heartbreak story — something that'll make Apple look good — especially if they can use it at their next Keynote. And he may sign off on the reply.

Don't be sad. This is not exclusive to Apple. Just the way the world works… unless it is a small enough company.

As an aside, I once received an email from Jeff Bezos. But that was in 1996. Things have move on a bit.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Fun anecdote, so did I a few years ago when I worked at a retail store. I was annoyed about Christmas opening hours or something, and a day or two later my manager pulls me aside to make sure I'm ok. Apparently the message had been received and it had come down the pipeline to check in and discuss it. Whether Tim was actually even told about the message or not is questionable, but yeah. At the time it was a little alarming!

Reactions: arkitect

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
I hope you get a reply OP. The XR’s battery life should be a point of pride for Apple and I hope they start making exceptional battery life a priority. The amazing battery life is the one thing I really miss from my XR.

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around
Isn't it better battery life because of the LCD display screen? I wish they had used the same on the iPhone XS Max instead of OLED.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I've also gone the route of emailing Mr. Cook but it was for very different reasons. I never expected a response but needed to vent about the horrible experience I had at the store. I never did get a response BUT...

The next time I was in the store to purchase something the employee asked me to hold tight and ran in the back. Another employee, which turned out to be a manager, came out and greeted me before personally apologizing for the experience and offering me a "consolation prize". I was there to purchase a leather case and ended up walking out with a free watch band with it.

Anyway, it's always good to read positive stories around here. Battery life seems to be a major point of contention when it comes to their phones so I hope Apple is on a new path starting with the XR.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Isn't it better battery life because of the LCD display screen? I wish they had used the same on the iPhone XS Max instead of OLED.
Why/how is LCD better when it comes to battery usage compared to OLED?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Why/how is LCD better when it comes to battery usage compared to OLED?

Seems that member was asking if LCD battery is better versus implying, in which case the question you’re posing can’t be answered if they to are asking something they don’t directly know the answer to. (Aside from requesting LCD be used in place of OLED).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Seems that member was asking if LCD battery is better versus implying, in which case the question you’re posing can’t be answered if they to are asking something they don’t directly know the answer to. (Aside from requesting LCD be used in place of OLED).
Seems like the question posted by the poster I replied to was, "Isn't it better battery life because of the LCD display screen?", which, at least to me, implies that the thinking on that poster's part is that the better battery life is related to the display being LCD. (Which is also somewhat further supported by the next sentence where the poster expresses the wish that the LCD screen was used on the XS Max instead of the OLED, once again implying that LCD is supposedly better.)

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
In my own life I have found it far easier to send emails & make phone calls just to complain when things don’t work well. I emailed Mr Cook to express my pleasure with this phone & to congratulate him & Apple for a job well done.

I didn’t email expecting any sort of personal response...my own pleasure with a phone I consider brilliant is enough.

Kerry78

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2016
Did you get a response?

I messaged him this week regarding a new store needed as the nearest store is a 2 hour commute away us no reply as of yet but hoping they see it so we can get a store opened at our near huge mall ;)

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Wow nice!
[doublepost=1548994391][/doublepost]
In my own life I have found it far easier to send emails & make phone calls just to complain when things don’t work well. I emailed Mr Cook to express my pleasure with this phone & to congratulate him & Apple for a job well done.

I didn’t email expecting any sort of personal response...my own pleasure with a phone I consider brilliant is enough.
Plus 1 for positivity!

a great camera, and “good enough screen” and a excellent battery life.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009
Did you get a response?

I messaged him this week regarding a new store needed as the nearest store is a 2 hour commute away us no reply as of yet but hoping they see it so we can get a store opened at our near huge mall ;)

I sent him an email once last year, and since I have read receipts, I can tell you with certainty that no one read my email.

Unless of course Apple somehow strips read receipt pixels so senders can’t tell. ;)

Tavicu

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2013
Romania
Give it a time! After one year or two the battery won't hold one day ...

But hey, in the battery status will tell that health is at 90% :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.