I am a moron...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by M1Lance, Jun 20, 2010.

1. M1Lance macrumors newbie

Hey guys, new member here with a sad tale...

So as I was going to print out my iphone registration email confirmation, I accidently hit the cancel your order button and it took me right away to a screen canceling my order :eek::mad::(

Anyways, assuming that calling the apple store 1st thing when they open to beg them to try and reverse this mistake will likely not work, what are my best options to get a phone at launch? I live in NYC and would love to avoid the madness that any apple store without a reservation here will likely entail

Did Radioshack not take preorders at all? There is a store 3 blocks from me and I definitely wouldn't mind waiting in line for a couple of hours to guarantee I get the phone (camping out overnight isn't my thing). Another option near me is Best Buy, but I figure they will likely attract more campers and they took preorders.

I know Im probably SOL but any help would be appreciated!

2. tawfiqmp macrumors member

tawfiqmp

Just wake up early Thursday morning and hit up a Radio Shack or BB. I wouldn't go to Walmart. If you wake up early enough, you'll most likely get one without any problems from BB or Radio Shack. That's pretty much your best option right now. And don't kill yourself over this mistake.. it happens to the best of us.

3. army91c macrumors 6502a

4. Satanic Goat macrumors regular

Satanic Goat

Tell it like it is :D

5. M1Lance thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I know, had to use a friends laptop to print it out and it has a tap click function on the track pad which Im not used to :mad:

Should've printed it from my comp at kinkos or something... totally unforseeable and heartbreaking way to lose out on an iphone

6. Built macrumors 68020

First off, you are not a moron...We have ALL made mistakes.

Second, it's really incredible that they don't have a secondary screen, or a pop-up, which asks you if you really WANT to cancel the item, as so many sites do.

7. M1Lance thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah thats what I was thinking too. Kind of annoying to have it so that one click cancels your order without even making sure you meant to do it.

Still haven't received an email confirming the cancellation so maybe theres a slightest bit of hope left...

8. John T macrumors 68020

John T

If you've cancelled the original order, what's to stop you from re-ordering?

Surely, cancelling an order doesn't mean you can never order again... :)

9. sjn419 macrumors regular

I'm LOL @ your curiousity to hit the cancel button. Srry buddy lol. I'm sure you'll get a phone somehow, good luck!

10. calvy macrumors 65816

11. auero macrumors 65816

Can always try to play stupid and print the form out still. That's up to you though.

12. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Was thinking that also. Can't believe there isn't a confirmation option. Being that the link is so available on the page. Weird.

13. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I wouldn't count on Radio Shack having any phones. Those folks are not the sharpest tools in the shed. They are completely uninformed about iPhones. Try calling them and asking about their stock on launch day. They'll say " we have no information"

14. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

First, we all make mistakes, no issue there. But to try to get the hottest piece of tech on launch day with no hassles? Never going to happen, especially in NYC. So if you want it on launch day, just suck it up and wait in line and you should get one if you get somewhere that has traditionally had alot of stock, like the 5th ave store, and you'll be fine.

15. Lone Deranger macrumors 65816

Lone Deranger

In the future, just print it to a .PDF file and save a tree. No need to print to paper. :)

16. mhdena macrumors 6502

You're the one who sounds uninformed, that's what they're supposed to say :eek:

17. M1Lance thread starter macrumors newbie

Well just got off the phone with the apple store and it looks like I am indeed now without a reservation for thursday. :(

Radioshack wasn't much help, they said that it would be available at opening on the 24th but couldn't tell me how many they will be getting. Best buy said they already oversold their initial shipment with preorders so they are not an option. They wanted $50 to put my name on the preorder list but told me I wouldn't get my phone at launch and probably not for another few weeks afterwards.

Will AT&T stores have extra phones for non-preorders? If not I think I'll just try getting to Radioshack an hour before opening, and if I can't get it then I'll just have to wait. Some place around here has to have it in stock within the next 2 weeks.

18. BConvery macrumors regular

Even when I check my reservation status on my iPhone app, I'm surprised at how much of the display that cancel button takes up. I'm very careful how I go back, as I check it constantly....

19. aserafin macrumors member

Constantly doing the same thing... I'm always in some fear that something somewhere will mess the "reservation" up and I won't see a new phone 'till August:eek:

20. notblackmac macrumors regular

notblackmac

Woah there! August?! I was hoping that even though I missed the pre-order I could still get my hands on one by mid-June! ha, oh well...

21. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Mid July you mean? I have not seen any reports sayign the delivers on date has moved past July 15th yet if you order online. So if you order online you'll just have to wait a few weeks (not too bad. Wasn't an option I'm hpapy with cause I am trying to get one before July 21rst as I go on vacation then. But I have a reservation and I have the day off so very little will bar me from getting one opening day).

22. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

:eek: I feel bad for you. The other day my friends young daughter wanted to play with my phone. I was ok with it since she has the iPod touch. I sat next to her as she opened my apps. Then she opened the Apple Store App! I freaked!!!! I was afraid she would hit the cancel page!!! I said NOOOOOOO don't open that. She then closed it. I wouldn't leave it with her unattended.

23. M1Lance thread starter macrumors newbie

A little update with some hope...

After getting in touch with radioshack, who said they weren't likely to have enough phones for those who didn't preorder, I called an AT&T store and a rep said that while they aren't taking anymore preorders, there should be around 30-40 phones left for walk ins. He couldn't confirm this number but told me to call back on Wed evening just to be safe.

Hopefully, he's right in which case I'll probably get there at around 4:30 (this will be the first time I stand in line for something 3 hours early that isn't for tickets to an event). I also preordered a July 14 from apple just in case I get there and the line is already around the block.

24. Management macrumors member

I don't think so!!!

Hey thread starter, did you know (like others have hinted) that you get a secondary screen when you click cancel reservation? You are provided with two options:

1. Cancel My Reservation
    &
    2. Change My Reservation

I know because I canceled mine because at first choose to pick it up in store and changed my mind because I did not want to deal with the chaos of going to the Apple Store. I then placed a new pre-order where I am having it shipped to my house.

So what actually happened?

25. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

That's terrible :(

I get so many accidental clicks when using other people's trackpads. I prefer having to click a real button (saves me many accidental clicks).