Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elcentenario

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2020
Madrid
Hello, I am looking for a small camera to see what my dog does when I am not at home, he found some places where we can sell small cameras like this https://espias.eu/camaras-espias/boton-espia/, but, I want to get your assessment and which one can you buy before I do.

In addition to this, I also want to know your experiences on what I want to do, thank you very much.

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
Search under "baby monitor" if limited to a single space like those on the link. What did you do with your old phone? Daughter set up her old iPhone 5 - don't need to make fully operational with additional cellular line, just link to wifi. Now if you want full house - as dogs move about - and recording, then something more sophisticated than those on the link. There are many brands to consider.

I personally have full security outside and could easily add an interior camera to the system. However, prior to that, experimented with an Arlo system when went to Europe for 3 weeks. Ultimately returned it a wife didn't like presence of interior cameras - working or not. Also, wasn't impressed with that system as a security device when so easy to identify its control location and deactivate (steal). Essentially, the network control/recording box attaches to the router (no wireless option) placing it near the computer control systems. It also has the alarm as part of the control box - directing the intruder to the location, and deactivated with a big "STOP" button on top. With it deactivated, recordings have stopped and taking it (plus anything else - like the TV and computers) also takes the recordings of the initial actions that set off the alarm.

Last edited:
Reactions: elcentenario
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.