I am not disappointed with the 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheReadyPrompt, Oct 4, 2011.

1. TheReadyPrompt macrumors member

Faster processor, better performance, smart antenna technology, a camera to replace your point and shoot, Siri, and more. There's nothing to disappoint here. Apple Fanboys disappoint themeselves by conjuring up ridiculous flights of fancy and believing their own imaginative speculation,. The MacRumors forums are teeming with ridiculous mock-ups daing back to the iMac.

Apple doesn't live in a reality distortion field -- website forum dwellers do.

2. TheSideshow macrumors 6502

Wait. Then that wasnt a reality distortion field with the iPhone 4 antenna that is now "fixed"? Or Lion vs Windows 7 sales comparison wasn't an attempt at reality distorting?

Anyways, the iP4S was a minor upgrade from the 4 and isn't anything to get excited about. Thats why people are upset. (Not to mention the fact they are alienating current users with Siri)

3. theperipheral macrumors 6502

Weird how nobody is responding to this...

lol

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

It's only worth it and a good upgrade if you don't already have the 4.

5. LoganT macrumors 68020

It's actually a good upgrade even if you have a 4. It just sucks 4 users have to look at the same device.

6. Sgt93 macrumors 6502

Sgt93

Am I disappointed, yes. I wanted a bigger screen like most did. Am I happy for an 8MP CMOS f2.4 lens.....YES. 64GB capacity, YES. Siri.....yes. I will upgrade.

7. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I've never had a smartphone, and the 4S is really tempting.

8. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I have the iPhone 4 and I plan on upgrading to the 4s. It has enough new features that for me it is worth it.

9. Drunken Master macrumors 65816

Drunken Master

Too positive. Everyone came here to complain and unload their first-world problems, even if they'll most likely get the 4S anyway. :D

10. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

As a guy who hasn't owned a 4 I'm more than happy with it. I think the iPhone 4 is the 2nd best looking phone around so I'm glad it looks the same however I would have really liked the phone to have a 3.8" screen or so.

11. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

I am disappointed that the screen size wasn't increased, but besides that, the 4S is amazing.

12. ann713 macrumors 6502a

You seem like the minority on the forum, it was overly hyped up, therefore I think a lot of users here are flat out disappointed. Regardless, the 4S will still sell like hotcakes. Nothing compares to the iOS experience IMO.

13. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

While it was not everything I was hoping for it is certainly a decent upgrade. I actually use my phone for business and one of the apps that I use will take advantage of the increased horse power. I will certainly be upgrading.

14. BamaATL macrumors member

No upgrade for me. I've had the IP2, IP3GS, and IP4. Not interested in upgrading.

I do feel the IP4S will be very successful for Apple.

I'll admit though (and this is sad thinking about it), I really just wanted a new design. Didn't really want a larger screen. I get bored quickly. Another year with an IP4-looking device will not be exciting to me even with the new features.

Sad I know, but honest.

15. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Then it's a great deal for you

for people like me who have the 4 it's simply not a good enough upgrade to pay out £500.

16. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Just like the upgrade from iPad to iPad 2 is not worth it. But since the iPad 2 was "redesigned", the fanboys are happy.

I happen to feel that, on paper, the new features are great. But when someone sees the same old iPhone 4, it may not be as "incredible".

If this had been a redesign with the same screen size, but with an aluminum back instead of a glass back or something, everyone would have been happy, which shows what people are really after.

But I do feel that considering 1.) iPhone is their highest-selling product, and 2.) people have been waiting 1 year and 3 months for a new iPhone, that today was somewhat of a slap in the face for people who have faith in Apple's innovation.

I have always been scared that, especially after Steve Jobs' departure, Apple would not stay the same.

I'm not sure whether this release is the first step to "not stay the same", but I have always feared it. Apple is such a good company and they innovate so well that you are afraid they will eventually change their ways.

All things aside, just from looking at the updates to the Touch, Nano, and the new iPhone 4S, I feel it was a good refresh all-around.

But the Shuffle, Nano, and Touch are essentially the same products they were over a year ago. And the Classic? That hasn't even changed in how long?

What I just said, however, will not stop me from supporting Apple and buying the iPhone 4S. I have never owned a smartphone, so this is a good time to jump in.

:apple:

17. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I would have liked a redesign, larger screen, and LTE, but it doesn't really matter. My contract is up on my Droid and it is slowly starting to fail more often. 4s it is.

18. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Well... That makes one of you. :D

19. RobbySkateboard macrumors regular

I'm alright with it too. I was hoping for a 5 simply for the larger screen, but that's the only reason I wanted a 5, I don't care how thin it can get really, it's not thick as it is. But I wanted the 4 inch screen, a5, 64 gig, 1 gig ram, 8 mp cam with 1080p, and I got all of that minus the screen, 4/5 ain't too shabby, I love the iphone 4 right now and have no complaints with it's form, however a 4 inch screen would have been great. Also, is the 1 gig of ram a 100% confirmation yet? Engadget lists it as an estimated 512mb but I read somewhere that someone said it was 1 gig, is that 100% true?

20. Millionin20s macrumors regular

I'm also not disappointed by the iPhone 4s. I really thought Apple would trot out a 4s and a 5 today, but all things considered Apple didn't really need to radically change things with this update. We've almost become spoiled by the mobile tech space to the point where if you don't throw 37 new things at us all at once, we complain that you haven't done enough. Anyone who owned a smartphone in the pre iPhone era can attest to the fact that we are doing more things, for longer amounts of time, on way better phones than we did even just 5 years ago. And if that isn't "ok" with you, well....

21. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

I still have 2x 3GSs which I'll be upgrading to 4Ss - it's better to leave the beta testing for others to do and then just get the mature device when it comes out.

22. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Totally agree. I had no plans on upgrading regardless of what was announced today as my iP4 covers all of my needs just fine but if I had been waiting to upgrade, the continued use of a 3.5" screen would've been my only disappointment. I personally love the design of the iP4 so I see no problem with it's continued use, just would've liked to see the screen a touch bigger.

23. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Officially playing catchup to Android is now where Apple is. You wont even be able to tell which is a ip4 or a ip4s since they look the same.

Enjoy a faster iP4 with nothing Android hasnt already had. Oh wait, Android does come with bigger screens.