General I am rich

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cclloyd, Feb 13, 2013.

1. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

I know there's the Am I Rich app on the cydia store (forget which repo), but it just crashes when it loads. Does anyone know of a version that works on iOS 6?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

If I remember correctly, it didn't do anything. It just showed a gem or something, and the app cost something like $1000. One of those first apps sold in the app store.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol:D
    What a scam:D

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Actually, it was $9999.99 which is the maximum price for an app of the App Store.

6. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

If you need an app to tell you whether you're rich........you're not.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

wow I wonder if anyone actually bought the app.

8. Baklava macrumors 6502a

Baklava

Yes. 4 times.

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Yup, and then it became available in Cydia at the time.

10. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

ha ha wow, I guess it was an easy pay day for the developer. Pretty smart on his part... You can always count on a few idiots to bite.....

I'm sure if you launch the app to impress a girl at the bar they will be impressed for .002 seconds before they realize what an idiot you are for spending that much on that.

11. Baklava macrumors 6502a

Baklava

Repo?

12. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It crashes now. Hasn't been updated since the 2.2.1 days.

13. itjw macrumors 65816

No money ever was paid to that developer for I Am Rich.

All 4 of the idiots who bought it claimed to have done so in error (or blamed kids, drunkenness, or what not...). The developer did make quite the splash with the idea though.

Its interesting that by FAR the most successful price point has been .99. Even the console quality (PS2, but still) games that are 600MB+ are still a relative bargain.

$9999.99 is what it feels like to buy an XBOX360 or PS3 game now that iOS has evolved this far. Add a legitiamte controller and AirPlay and I truly believe the consoles would be in big(ger) trouble.

14. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

It was 999.99

15. maxosx macrumors 68020

This is indeed the correct price. I remember seeing it while browsing the store, doing a double take and laughing. :D

16. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

This is correct. Apple took it down relatively quickly, after only a few people bought it. Was kinda the early days of the App Store. The app didn't really break any rules, it just didn't do very much and was expensive. Not sure if they would really have the justification to remove something like it these days.

17. maccompatible macrumors 6502

"While the application was available, eight people bought it, at least one of whom claimed to have done so accidentally. Six US sales at $999.99 and two European ones for €799.99 netted between $5,600–5,880 for developer Armin Heinrich and $2,400–2,520 for Apple. In correspondence with the Los Angeles Times, Heinrich told the newspaper that Apple had refunded two purchasers of his app, and that he was happy to not have dissatisfied customers"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Rich

18. itjw macrumors 65816

While I would NEVER question Wikipedia's accuracy, that's not what I had heard. I don't doubt for a second that the developer who came useless high cost app would claim he made money even when he didn't...

19. MetalGearTW macrumors member

MetalGearTW

I don't know what's more amusing, the fact that people actually paid for this app without making it an issue, or the fact that a wikipedia page exists for that app :p

20. maccompatible macrumors 6502

I'm sure "what you heard" is SO much more reliable than wiki's sources (check em at the bottom of the page. It's legit)

You make me chuckle.

----------

A wiki page exists for just about everything since users write them. Nifty setup!

21. cclloyd thread starter macrumors 68000

cclloyd

The app served no function other than the image of a gem and a short manta. It cost $1000, and 8 people bought it, but 2 were refunded. The dev got $5500, and Apple made $2500.

And if it hasn't been updated, then I issue a challenge to whoever had a dev account. REMAKE THIS APP for retina and iPad retina and put it on modmyi or something.

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What would be the point of that though?
    Just to run the app and look at a picture of a gem?

23. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

Ha! Brings back old memories when the app store first came alive! Scammers trying to make a quick buck before Apple put apps through an approval process.

I think you can still find the ipa floating around somewhere if you want it.

24. bonskovsky macrumors 6502

bonskovsky

I would be interested to see a rerelease an app with more features, I mean if it did something more than just saw a picture of a gym, and not even a real gem it back, it might've been worth the price point more Might have bought it.

That will never happen. iOS isn't even close to console quality gaming. Don't even think about it.

25. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Re-release? More features? It had no features to begin with. There's nothing they can do to this app (and, in my view, any app) to ever make it worth that price point.