I am sick of Apple sabotaging everything!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by direzze, Nov 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. direzze macrumors member

I am starting to see that Apple sabotages other software and compatability to make other companies look bad!!!

For example, they broke Flash on Snow Leopard and they won't allow Flash on the iPhone because they want to make Adobe look bad!!! And it's working, with everyone saying it's Adobe's fault!!!

Also, on my PC, iTunes, QuickTime, and Safari do not work well at all!!! I bought a film and it does not play!!! Apple is sabotaging their software on Windows to make Microsoft look bad!!!

They know that they have control with iTunes being so popular, so now they are sabotaging it on Windows so PC users say "I really need iTunes to work, I should get a Mac." Pure business strategy, but not cool and not fair!

This is absolutely appalling!!! WHO'S WITH ME!?

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Not me.

EDIT: I have a feeling Im going to love this thread like a son.

3. bartelby macrumors Core

You really think Apple is doing this on purpose?
    :confused:

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

And Microsoft making the Zune incompatible with OSX is because...?

5. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

No, really, you're not delusional. Those really are dragons, not windmills. You go ahead.

6. bartelby macrumors Core

They know no mac owner would want a Zune?
    :)

7. direzze thread starter macrumors member

I can see Steve Jobs right now!

"I refuse to work with Adobe!!! I hate them!"

Apple is making it difficult for Zune AND BlackBerry to develop for OS X because of all of their silly restrictions!!! If anything, it is Apple's fault!!!

EDIT: Apple is trying to monopolize both the mobile phone market and the mp3 player market by making companies like BlackBerry and Zune unable to develop peacefully on the Apple OS! Apple users have no choice but to go for the iPhone and iPod!!!

8. bartelby macrumors Core

I agree with gilkisson

9. direzze thread starter macrumors member

Typical Apple fanboy. Can't add any constructive comments to the discussion, so you resort to sarcastic storytelling.

10. bartelby macrumors Core

:rolleyes:
    Hardly.

I just don't agree with you...

11. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Typical paranoid forum poster, spreading his paranoid findings in an Apple Forum, hoping to find people that agree with him, only to find he has met logical thinkers, and thus, unfounded.

12. direzze thread starter macrumors member

Present your logic!

13. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

In what way? Exactly what restrictions?

14. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Oh no you don't. You are the one making fantastic claims and imagined charges. You present your evidence first. The onus is on you.

15. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Ill do so by pointing out your logical fallacy, thus discrediting your findings.

Its your PC that is the problem. I have a PC, and run iTunes. Sure, things are slower, but it works. All videos work, I have all the updates. Everything works as intended. If you buy a film and it does not work, obviously there is something wrong with your PC. Did you ever think Microsoft is trying to make Apple look bad by crippling said software on their platform?

16. direzze thread starter macrumors member

Maybe you should ask Adobe?

[​IMG]

And what great troubleshooting skills you have. You're right, my PC is the problem.

17. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

OK, now you are being a troll. Use your own arguments, not pictures of the words of others. Use grown-up words as well, please.

Seriously, if you don't like Apple, vote with your feet and your wallet. Sell your Mac. Install Windows 7. Tell all your friends. Start your own Forum...

... and best of luck with that.

18. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

As I eluded to in my other post, there's no such thing as a problematic computer.

19. direzze thread starter macrumors member

I don't dislike Apple... I am saying that their ways are making it very difficult for me to use both Apple products and other companies' products peacefully. I am tired of it.

20. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Youre right. Obviusly Apple sent me the awesome version of iTunes, and gave you crippleware. DAMN YOU APPLE!

21. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Then which course of action available to you might most likely achieve results?

a) Learn more about your current software;
    b) Choose different software;
    c) Start an online insurrection.

This isn't a timed quiz. We'll wait for your answer.

22. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I'm still waiting for you to explain exactly what restrictions Apple have put in place to prevent Microsoft and RIM making Zune/Blackberry software for the Mac.

I present counter evidence in the shape of Blackberry Desktop Sync for the Mac which uses the files Apple go out of there way to provide for third party software to access your iTunes library. These files (the .xml files that describe your library) are not used by iTunes or any Apple software: they are not required to be produced but Apple do it to make it easy for other companies, not difficult as you suggest.

23. Makosuke macrumors 603

Not to support this paranoid rant by feeding it, but:

Just because Adobe says it does not make it true. There are involved political and technical reasons on both sides of the Flash/iPhone thing.

Furthermore, if Adobe (and Apple has nothing to do with this--the desktop APIs are in place and work fine for EVERYTHING else) can't be bothered to get Flash to run properly on a 2.5GHz two-core desktop processor on the MacOS, explain to me why they would be able to manage the same on a 600MHz single-core ARM chip. (And remember that, for all the differences, the iPhone is essentially a Mac platform at heart.)

It's not good when someone who works for Adobe specifically suggests running a Flash blocker to keep your CPU load under control on the Mac. That goes beyond insulting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.