Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
I'd borrow a SIM from a friend with AT&T and Restore to 1.1.3 then bring it to the Genius Bar if symptoms persist.

Did you think it was going to be EASY to 'rise against the man'?

Everyone that jailbreaks/unlocks is expected to have an elevated know-how when it comes to issues like this.

Ethically the OP is NOT wrong to get it repaired as it is a legitimate problem NOT associated with the Unlock.

mchank

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2006
But it's pretty easy to re-unlock 1.1.3 with anysim. I'd definitely restore (to 1.1.1 or 1.1.3, I'd do the latter) before worrying about taking it into a store.

I personally don't trust anysim 1.1.3 as apparently it was released unfinished or something; I remember the fiasco with 1.02 where it bricked people's phone when they updated. I'd wait a little while to make sure there aren't any reports of screwy behavior.

joseph1313

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2008
exactly what is genius bar and where can i find one if im livin in long island new york?>

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
exactly what is genius bar and where can i find one if im livin in long island new york?>

Genius Bar = Apple Store. I am sure someone else knows the exact location.
New York
Albany, Crossgates
Buffalo, Walden Galleria
Garden City, Roosevelt Field
Huntington Station, Walt Whitman
Lake Grove, Smith Haven
New York City, Fifth Avenue
New York City, SoHo
New York City, West 14th Street
Syracuse, Carousel
Staten Island, Staten Island
Victor, Eastview
West Nyack, Palisades
White Plains, The Westchester
I am sure one of those is near you.

joseph1313

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2008
Well guess what guys i just tryed to restore the iphone and it said error restoring iphone unknown error.

my luck seriously what is this

senorFunkyPants

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
England
Buy a new one.

You jailbroke it so essentially you BROKE it intentionally from Day 1. . Once jailbroken you voided any repair you 'could' get if I understand the terms correctly.

Hmmm thats certainly open to debate. Apple offer a "Hardware" warranty on the iPhone, no mention of software modifications whatsoever. Exclusions to the warranty relate only to modifying the hardware.
The item is essentially a handheld computer and refusal to repair it based on using it with third party software would be tough to justify in court.
No doubt why you virtually never hear of Apple refusing to replace/repair jailbroken iPhones that have legitimate hardware problems that would otherwise be repaired without question.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.