I bought 3 extra ones I wonder if I should return them..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AzGuy623, Mar 16, 2012.

1. AzGuy623 macrumors newbie

I have one coming in the Mail from Apple today. Last night I got 3 from Walmart to try to make a profit because I thought they were going to run out. I listed them for $675 but since they are still in stock my plan has failed. I wonder if I should return them for a refund. All are White 16GB Wifi. What do you guys think? I have 15 days to return them for a refund no restocking fee

2. tstarks33 macrumors regular

I'd wait. Too early to say there's no profit to be made.

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

4. WILLDOGS macrumors regular

Not scalping IMO

He is not ripping anyone off if they are willing to pay a premium to have it.

It's the American way. :D

5. deeddawg, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

deeddawg macrumors 604

Return them. I really mean this in a respectful manner, but if you have to ask this question on a forum you ought to seriously reconsider the whole plan.

If you're not savvy with reselling stuff, you could end up in a world of $$$ hurt. There's lots of very convincing folks out there trying to scam inexperienced resellers.

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

7. mariocapo macrumors member

This ain't BS. I'm in the same ballpark. They didn't have the model I wanted. So I bought a couple and still have one coming today from Apple. I think I setteled on a White 64 AT&T, but now I wanna figure the best way to sell or just return the other. Wouldn't be bad to turn a tiny profit off of it. Nothing outrageous, but not pennies either.

8. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Scalpers be scalpin'
    Return them... not much profit to be made and dropping fast.

Seen a white 16GB wifi only sell on eBay for $615 today. After eBay fee's and considering you had to pay tax on that iPad, they probably profited like 15-20 dollars...

9. JesseW6889 macrumors 6502

I made a thread about this before... Apple got people used to there being a demand for their products at launch. This time they FULLY saturated all of their channels, in 10 countries at the same time...

While there may be launches that are in high demand and low supply in the future, this isn't one of them...

Take them back... the ONLY demand that may occur, is if everyone buys them to do what you're doing (which VERY WELL may happen)

10. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

coolbreeze

Good luck with your venture. They are readily available. Just walk in to an Apple store and walk out with one. :rolleyes:

11. iosuser macrumors 6502a

Sell it at your cost, you'll still earn credit card reward points ;)

12. mariocapo macrumors member

I didn't originally have the intention to scalp, just didn't wanna pick the wrong model. I guess it really depends on the stores return policy. You can wait until that point without getting screwed over.

13. lilo777 macrumors 603

As a true Apple lover, you should keep them all. Enjoy.

14. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

Wait until Sunday/Monday and then put them on CL or eBay. Apple had a lot more in stock this year than in years past so stores are taking a little longer to sell out.

15. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

Seems like people are still selling them for a premium in some places

16. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

DITTO :mad:

17. WILLDOGS macrumors regular

Perhaps demand will go up over the weekend when friends show friends and family show family their new Retina displays

Still to early to tell.

18. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

hang on to them for another 2 weeks. That's when they'll really dry up and you can make your bank!

Or maybe not and my advice is a clever ploy to make you have to pay restocking fees for your greed!!! mwaa ha ha ha

19. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Will still have to mark up $50+ and shipping if selling on ebay to cover fees.

OP, wait to see how the weekend sales go and if they are sold out, sell those bad boy$

20. AzGuy623 thread starter macrumors newbie

IMO there is nothing wrong with trying to make a profit. If they were sold out and I wanted one I would buy one over cost with a smile. I have 15 days to return them with no restocking fee and will only sell them on CL in person. So I guess I can wait and see. On the 15th day if they don't sell I am returning them. Reason I went to Walmart was because I was too impatient to wait for the FedEx Drive but the Walmart I went to the where only 2 other people when the clock struck midnight. I figured why not and took the remainder 3... I opened one because the FedEx driver still isnt here -_-

21. mariocapo macrumors member

Good idea.

22. tivoboy macrumors 68030

hadn't planned it

I hadn't planned to sell one. I ordered a white verizon LTE 32G, but later decided I'd prefer black again. I think the white is a bit distracting when watching movies, and stuff. Anyway, I put an ad up on craigs here in the bay area and already sold the white one for 125$ more than I paid apple. no questions asked, cash paid. Helped pay for the new one (after selling the ipad 2 32GB for 400$ a week or so ago) I say, if there is a market it allow it to work.

23. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

SOrry but there are people who will not get an iPad because of the few greedy. I own a business and believe in the free market but you are just low life scalping if you charge over retail.

Take them back so they can sell them to someone who would really appreciate it. OR give one to a valued friend. You will feel actually good for doing such a nice deed! I know my VP was tickled when I gave him my 64 3G today.

Make the world a better place:p

24. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

25. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

Are they selling them though? That is the question...