I bought my first iPhone ever.. The 7 and it's MUCH better than the 6S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Nov 18, 2016.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

I had a 6S that my dad got me and the 7 is way too fast that I can't keep up with the keyboard and the camera is much better
    I have samples to show later that the difference is big and the screen also is great with the color accuracy.
    I still haven't tested all the features and it does feel like an upgrade.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I wouldn't say it's "much better," but it certainly is an upgrade and a good phone.

I'm enjoying my 7+ compared to my 6+ and my wife is enjoying her 7+ compared to her 6s.

3. akash.nu macrumors 68040

akash.nu

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

That's great, congratulations!

It's also fuglier than the iPhone 6s. Unless you like that huge boil on the back where the camera is.

I don't need what you need, so features and cutting edge tech are not what attract me to a phone. How it looks is what attracts me. As long as the damn thing can make phone calls, text, iMessage, email and do light web browsing I don't care about the rest of what it can do.

5. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

6. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

I don't like the antenna lines on the iP6s.

7. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Neither do I. And I have the 6s+.

9. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Not sure about that, I have a 6s but used my brothers 7. I see no speed difference. Camera on the other hand is most certainly better.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I am sure it will get dark when the sun goes down.

11. mateo124 macrumors regular

Meh. Bought a 7+ initially as an upgrade from my 6S+, but didn't feel the upgrades were big enough to warrant keeping it. If I didn't have a 6S+ I'd have kept it though.

12. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I think both black colors of the 7 look way better than the 6s since the antenna lines are hidden so well. The white front colors are almost as ugly as the 6s, though.

I also prefer the camera on the 7 as it's the same distance from the side as the top. That makes it look a lot nicer, IMO.

13. dumastudetto macrumors 68030

I agree the iPhone 7 is a massive, massive upgrade over the previous generation. The camera is insanely great, and the screen is gorgeous. Everything just flies too; performance is truly off-the-charts when compared to the ageing old 6s.

I would hate to have to go back to the 6s, and I certainly wouldn't want to waste a year waiting for my next upgrade.

Well done on your upgrade!

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Black hides a lot of sins.

It's also slimming.

That said, I still don't care for the look of the 7.

15. Newjackboy macrumors 6502

Only noticeable improvement for me is the double speakers. No speed difference or performance improvement at all with the 6s plus

16. Math889 macrumors 65816

17. I7guy macrumors G5

With that thought it's a 5SSS+++. /s

It's pretty much a big enough update it's no way related to the previous year. The headphone jack should tell you that.

18. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

Agree. I have 6s plus and 7 plus. 7 plus outside the camera and 3GB ram is not such a big upgrade. Ip67 water resistance and new home button are okay. I still feel using 6s plus if my 7 plus were not jet black color. Speed is not big different. Overall, without jet black color, my 7 plus feels like 6s plus.

19. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Sure is not placebo effect? Your own money so it HAS to be better right.

20. Jessica08 macrumors regular

Jessica08

I have a 6S so I can't compare as I usually wait two years to upgrade. Bring on the anniversary model, baby. :)

21. laudern macrumors 6502a

22. Ender17 macrumors regular

23. CYKBC macrumors 6502

It feels no faster than the SE I had. I like jet black. Otherwise everything else is pretty much unnoticed. Real innovation stagnated.

24. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I don't see how one can say an iPhone 7 is much better then the 6s. If only to justify there own purchase.

With me money is no issue and I have upgraded to every iPhone iteration since the iPhone 4. I normally don't and won't miss an iPhone. This year I was already meh about it, but thought id get one anyway since I had gone to the iPhone SE back in April and wanted a big screen back.

So I bought the iPhone 67 and was thoroughly unimpressed. I was so unimpressed that when a co Worker had an iPhone 6s Plus for sale for $200 I scooped that baby up and returned the iPhone 7 with no second thoughts. I've had no thoughts about it since then.

Though I have thought about my iPhone SE. I did love that little phone.

Onto the iPhone 8... can't come soon enough

25. plexdk macrumors 6502

I got mine from my work, so not sweet talking it because i paid for it... but I still think its a great upgrade because:

1. The screen is awesome with the colors, they really pop and feel alive.
    2. The camera - at last i can take pictures at concerts, in dark environments. + Portrait is super good.
    3. The button, a lot better, but not a game changer.
    4. Waterproof is a welcome change, when you live in a country where it rains all the time :p
    5. I got it in Black - somehow, the color refreshes the design a bit, because its so slick, with almost no visible antenna lines.

+ I upgraded from 6S to 7 Plus ,so i also get the higher DPI and bigger screen estate as a bonus :)

Its the complete package of the original iPhone 6 vision :)