I can see myself eventually going BACK to the iPhone + model

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yaboyac29, Oct 11, 2014.

1. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

i preordered the 6+, used it for 2 days and it was way too uncomfortable for me to hold. loved the screen and everything else about the phone but just couldn't use it comfortably.

so i went to the apple store and grabbed the iPhone 6, sold the + for $100 profit.

i used it for a few days and i had the same issue. the 6 was, too, uncomfortable to hold.

why? it's TOO thin and the back is slippery. i dropped it on my macbook pro which caused a small dent in the phone (not my mac, which shows you the quality of this aluminum).

anyways.. i got a silicone case and the phone is usable. so now i'm wondering, did i need a silicone case all along for my 6+? next time i'm at the mall i'm going to put a silicone case on the display model 6+ (since they have silicone cases that customers can try on) and see how it feels.

however, i'm going to try and hold off on the 5.5" display for now. i love the 4.7" display but of course wouldn't mind the bigger battery since i'm a heavy user.

conclusion? stop making phones thin as paper, it looks good but it's not practical. FWIW, i'm 6'3" and my hands are somewhat big.

i think this is the case for many people who had to downgrade to the smaller size. it's not the size of the screen, it's the thinness that's making the phone impractical for day to day use with one hand.

2. Godmode macrumors newbie

Im 6,2 big hands. I found the 6 very easy to handle so bought a plus. Found the plus easy to use one handed so placed it in an official leather case. Made the handling experience go from good to ****ing great! Stick a leather (apple) case on the plus and you will LOVE it! Makes it perfect to hold n we have similar stats

3. phixionalninja macrumors member

I'll second the leather Apple case love. I think it looks fantastic (I went with the midnight blue on a silver iP6+), and it's super comfy to hold.

4. yaboyac29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i liked the leather case on my iPhone 5, but the silicone is better for me this time around. a little extra grip.

i'm gonna have to give the iPhone 6+ and a silicone case combo a try at the store.

5. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

6. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I have the red silicone on my space gray and it looks sharp. Wish the pink was a deeper fuscia... Would so have that one too.

7. accountforit macrumors 6502a

Same here. I would at least CONSIDER the PLUS if they slim it down. Otherwise, I'll stick with my 6 which took a few weeks to get used to, but now I really like (minus the non-uniform screen).

8. Rockies macrumors 6502

I will get the bigger screen when Apple engineers figure out how to reduce the bezel size. Probably Iphone 7, two years from now.....arghhhhh.

9. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

same here, leather on the + FTW!

10. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

This guy joined macrumors just to say this. One at a time ladies.