I cant Quote

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
No, it's now called 'Reply' and sits on the right-hand lower corner of the post which you want to quote.

Same thing, different name.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Please don't quote me on this, but I think the change from 'quote' to 'reply' is a bit misleading. There are two reply buttons but one serves a very different purpose. I think it's a bit confusing, if I say so myself.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I agree. "Reply" vs. "Post Reply" is a non-obvious distinction and vBulletin should have left the "Quote" button with its old name.

And you can reply me on that!

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
jamesW135 said:
The quote button just isnt there!!!!!!
I replaced the Reply button with the Quote button. When your browser clears its cache, it should show up now.

arn

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
arn said:
I replaced the Reply button with the Quote button. When your browser clears its cache, it should show up now.

arn
This can also be forced by opening the image in a new window, refreshing it, then refreshing the forum page.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
~Shard~ said:
"Quote", "Reply", whatever - I think we can all figure it out... ;) Can't we?.... :eek:
"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I can quote just fine, but I was wondering if there is anyway to write "Originally Posted by EricNau" at the beginning, without writing out.
Does that question make sense? I was just wondering if there was a shortcut that I don't know about.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
EricNau said:
I can quote just fine, but I was wondering if there is anyway to write "Originally Posted by EricNau" at the beginning, without writing out.
Does that question make sense? I was just wondering if there was a shortcut that I don't know about.
Maybe I misunderstand you, but you don't have to write it out, and it does do it automatically for you. For instance, in this very reply, I simply hit the Quote button to your message, and the beginning of the quoted text will read "Originally Posted by EricNau" without me having to type anything.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
ha ha! I feel like an idiot! I never notciced the "quote" button at the bottom of everyone's reply. It's amazing, if I just hit that it does everything for me. It took me how many posts to figure that out? ha ha