Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I needed to restore my iPod touch 1st gen. So I plugged it in and clicked restore. It popped up a message warning me that all my data will be erased. I then clicked agree to the SLA and etc. It popped up this message after a few seconds. I recently put a fresh install of Leopard on my MacBook. Instead of exporting my iTunes library to disc to back it up, I just copied the iTunes folder on the hard drive onto my external hard drive and back into the new install of Leopard, could this be why?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 73

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Moving the folder shouldn't have caused any problems... That's how I've always transfered my libraries. You might try force quitting both iTunes and iTunes helper out of activity monitor before trying to screw around with anything else. I've had a lot of instances where I get errors upon restoring my phone where the force quit of the two solves the issue.

If that doesn't work, you might try downloading the firmware from another source on the internet. Shouldn't be a problem as long as you've already paid for it. I wouldn't be surprised if their servers are being overworked today with a large influx of new users.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Thanks, and just for the record, I did pay for it. :rolleyes: How do you force iTunes to restore the firmware using a file I downloaded from the internet? I forget which key you have to press. :confused: Thanks, and Happy Holidays to you!

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Thanks, and just for the record, I did pay for it. :rolleyes: How do you force iTunes to restore the firmware using a file I downloaded from the internet? I forget which key you have to press. :confused: Thanks, and Happy Holidays to you!
I had no doubt that you'd payed for it, but I threw that out there saying that downloading a copy from elsewhere makes no difference.

I think that you need to option-click the restore button in iTunes. I believe that it uses shift instead in Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.