Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I have a Pebble that I was using with my iPhone for the last year, and really its just convenience. You can change the song that is playing, see what notification you have, and see the weather. I like seeing what text or emails I have, and see if they are important before I pull my phone out. I will let you know what I thinking after I have used it more. Its charging right now.

This AND I can change the band and faces, no need for me to buy another watch because I had grown tried of the ones I was wearing. :)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
So been offered a trade for my Moto X 2014 for a 32gb blue Nexus 6.

With me planning on selling the Note 4 when I get the S6 Edge, thinking it might be a good offer to keep at least one android bigger size and with the stock android which I prefer.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
So been offered a trade for my Moto X 2014 for a 32gb blue Nexus 6.

With me planning on selling the Note 4 when I get the S6 Edge, thinking it might be a good offer to keep at least one android bigger size and with the stock android which I prefer.

I would jump all over that trade.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Trade agreed... Will have it on Tuesday :)

You will love the N6, except maybe the size but as stated it really isn't any bigger than the ip6 Plus and I don't notice it in my jean pocket.

I flip more smart phones than pancakes. :)

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Trade agreed... Will have it on Tuesday :)

Value and price wise you are getting the better of the trade. The UI interface is almost the same on both Motorola phones. The camera on the N6 is better. For me I did not like how big the N6 was. It is just a tad wider than the N4 and it seemed harder to hold for me. But everyone is different. I did not like the rounded curved bottom. It will not lie flat so it cannot be used on a flat surface. But is was a very nice fast responsive phone!

Fireblade

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Italy
You will love the N6, except maybe the size but as stated it really isn't any bigger than the ip6 Plus and I don't notice it in my jean pocket.

I am also tempted by the N6, but I am a bit concerned about it's size...

It's about 5mm wider than the iPhone 6+, which makes me hold off ordering it

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place

Hope so, I do like my Moto X but the 16gb was too small in hindsight so not only getting bigger device but more storage too.

iPhone 6+ size hasn't been an issue for me or the Note 4 so I'm confident it'll likely be fine for me. The chances are it'll only be an occasional daily driver.

As for flipping phones - I know we're terrible here. Worst intervention support ever!!! :D

----------

Value and price wise you are getting the better of the trade. The UI interface is almost the same on both Motorola phones. The camera on the N6 is better. For me I did not like how big the N6 was. It is just a tad wider than the N4 and it seemed harder to hold for me. But everyone is different. I did not like the rounded curved bottom. It will not lie flat so it cannot be used on a flat surface. But is was a very nice fast responsive phone!

Yeah my theory was if I'm going smaller moving from Note 4 to S6 Edge, I may as well go bigger with the Moto to Nexus and benefit from the extra storage space more than anything. Plus wireless charging.

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Hope so, I do like my Moto X but the 16gb was too small in hindsight so not only getting bigger device but more storage too.

iPhone 6+ size hasn't been an issue for me or the Note 4 so I'm confident it'll likely be fine for me. The chances are it'll only be an occasional daily driver.

As for flipping phones - I know we're terrible here. Worst intervention support ever!!! :D

----------

Yeah my theory was if I'm going smaller moving from Note 4 to S6 Edge, I may as well go bigger with the Moto to Nexus and benefit from the extra storage space more than anything. Plus wireless charging.

Have you done it yet?

Really loving the N6. Not missing the iPhone at all. Much easier switch than my two attempts at WP. I had a 6+ for a week but felt it was too big and didn't sit in the hand well - was terrified of dropping it. N6 is just spot on. Except I can't tell which way up I've got it when I take it out of my pocket.

So many things I love like the way 3rd party apps integrate with Android - like in google maps when you look for directions there's an option to call an Uber cab under public transport, send a whatsapp message in messaging or skype in phonecalls.

Just a few nit-picky issues. Battery lasts no longer than my iPhone 6. Camera a bit slow and throws white balance off a bit. Screen colours shift quite a bit with different viewing angles and you get a bit of a rainbow starburst effect if you have an overhead light shining on the screen. Colours a little oversaturated but lovely and crisp. Honestly don't see the need for anyone to chase more resolution.

Can easily see this lasting me until the 6s launch. Maybe longer....

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Have you done it yet?

Really loving the N6. Not missing the iPhone at all. Much easier switch than my two attempts at WP. I had a 6+ for a week but felt it was too big and didn't sit in the hand well - was terrified of dropping it. N6 is just spot on. Except I can't tell which way up I've got it when I take it out of my pocket.

So many things I love like the way 3rd party apps integrate with Android - like in google maps when you look for directions there's an option to call an Uber cab under public transport, send a whatsapp message in messaging or skype in phonecalls.

Just a few nit-picky issues. Battery lasts no longer than my iPhone 6. Camera a bit slow and throws white balance off a bit. Screen colours shift quite a bit with different viewing angles and you get a bit of a rainbow starburst effect if you have an overhead light shining on the screen. Colours a little oversaturated but lovely and crisp. Honestly don't see the need for anyone to chase more resolution.

Can easily see this lasting me until the 6s launch. Maybe longer....

Arrives tomorrow morning :)

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
I love\hate that feeling. Hope its everything you ever wanted and more. Well, until something new and shiny comes along....

It's definitely a mixed bag. Waiting for shipping sucks, but when it's out for delivery, that's when it's exciting. The best feeling is finally opening the package.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
It arrived. So yeah - basically its a big moto x 2014 :)

Quick observations.

Speaker grills - preferred the texture on the moto x 2014 than the smooth feeling on the nexus 6.

Back of the nexus 6 is major finger print magnet compared to the moto x. Though will soon be remedied via a case.

size... Feck it no way's about it - its big. Surprisingly feels bigger than it is. Though no way near as bad as my Lumia 1520 was.

Just got prompted for 5.1 !! Yay. This is the reason why these phones exist. No more waiting in limbo for an update.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
How come you switch so much? Are you after the perfect Android phone? I like some stability in my hardware. :)

I am too impulsive and like having new and different hardware. Last year I had 16 devices..... I am trying to stop being so but its hard :)

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
I am too impulsive and like having new and different hardware. Last year I had 16 devices..... I am trying to stop being so but its hard :)

Makes sense. I'm not a huge mobile user (just love my Macs), so while I do choose my phone/tablet carefully, I like to keep it for awhile. Do you come out even after you sell all your phones or do you lose some money?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009

Wow 16 :eek:

I'm impulsive myself but when I get a new phone, my wife usually gets mad, so I have to balance my desire for shiny new stuff with sleeping on the couch :p

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Makes sense. I'm not a huge mobile user (just love my Macs), so while I do choose my phone/tablet carefully, I like to keep it for awhile. Do you come out even after you sell all your phones or do you lose some money?

Most of the time it is straight trades - so doesn't cost me anything more additionally, though there are some instances where I've bought a device and it's depreciates quicker or there is a lack of demand. I lost €100 on a OnePlus One last year after selling it not long after getting it because I did't like the device.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
I have an ATT upgrade to burn that I have been holding on to for a while.
I am rocking the 6+ which I love but I miss a pure Android experience as well.

Do I burn it on:
Nexus 6
M9
S6 Edge
S6
Other

The last 2 I know will not be pure Android and really dont want a Samsung phone but figure it will have ok resale value if I make the plunge.

First world problems, I know. :)

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I have an ATT upgrade to burn that I have been holding on to for a while.
I am rocking the 6+ which I love but I miss a pure Android experience as well.

Do I burn it on:
Nexus 6
M9
S6 Edge
S6
Other

The last 2 I know will not be pure Android and really dont want a Samsung phone but figure it will have ok resale value if I make the plunge.

First world problems, I know. :)

Since you don't mind the size of the Plus, go for the Nexus.

The Samsung's? Bloat, questionable memory management, questionable battery life and you will not get updates as fast.

Be differerent, you want to walk around with something every Jane/John is going to have other than an iPhone? :)

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
You nailed the reasons why I probably wouldnt buy another Samsung phone ever again until TW is eliminated.

I love the quick updates of the Nexus and have always been intrigued by the M9 and never owned a HTC with those great speakers (i do a ton of conference calling on my phones).

I think I am going to have to check them out in person but I feel in this tech fast world we live in the Nexus 6 is already dated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.