Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Btom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2009
As long as you are not happy with your computer (and are not getting tired) keep exchanging them, doesn't matter what other people say! I'd do the same, but don't have enough time (and energy), so I just wait. But they will fix all problems due to people like you, so thanks!

Tom B.

Buzz Bumble

Oct 19, 2008
New Zealand
I made the switch from PC to Mac cause I heard they were the best computers.

I guess I wasn't so lucky with that.

They are the best computers. These iMacs are brand new designs, and like any brand new product there are bound to be some problems. Also keep in mind that there is a "squeaky wheel" issue here too - LOTS of people do have new iMacs that work perfectly well and are happily using them, but the loudest voices are always those complaining.

StarTzar

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2010
- LOTS of people do have new iMacs that work perfectly well and are happily using them, but the loudest voices are always those complaining.

Well maybe so but I am on my second iMac. The first had the yellow tinge and a noisy superdrive. The second which is going back for a full refund has the same yellow tinge plus a noisy hard drive.

I am one of the loudest that you talk about and I will keep on being loud because that is how I keep the wolves away from my sheep.

Buzz Bumble

Oct 19, 2008
New Zealand
I am one of the loudest that you talk about and I will keep on being loud because that is how I keep the wolves away from my sheep.

I'm not saying you shouldn't complain if your computer isn't working properly ... I'm just saying few people bother to post messages saying "my mac works fine", thankfully. If they did you would soon have all the messageboards overflowing with such rather pointless messages.

marco12345

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Why would someone be posting, or even reading these posts if your Imac is in perfect working condition. I certainly ain't here to make friends!

Either you are in the wrong thread or, your extremely bored, with to much time on your hands!

My only reason to post here, is to complain about Apple's Issues regarding my Imac.

By the way does your Imac have any the well known problems or, are you simply expanding your knowledge on the brand! lol

JNB

macrumors 604
Why would someone be posting, or even reading these posts if your Imac is in perfect working condition. I certainly ain't here to make friends!

Either you are in the wrong thread or, your extremely bored, with to much time on your hands!

My only reason to post here, is to complain about Apple's Issues regarding my Imac.

By the way does your Imac have any the well known problems or, are you simply expanding your knowledge on the brand! lol

Sorry, just couldn't help myself. :D

Attachments

• 11145409_gal.jpg
    11145409_gal.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 50

Btom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2009
They are the best computers. These iMacs are brand new designs, and like any brand new product there are bound to be some problems. Also keep in mind that there is a "squeaky wheel" issue here too - LOTS of people do have new iMacs that work perfectly well and are happily using them, but the loudest voices are always those complaining.

Quite e few people are on the third - fourth - fifth - even the sixth iMac. Statistically it is extremely unlikely, unless percentage of the perfect iMacs is not really that large.

On the other hand even one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel - remember Apple!

Tom B.

marco12345

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Not only rotten, but on top of that, they pissed on the barrel. (yellowish screen) lool

knewsom

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2005
Not here to make friends? What then, enemies? Of course you're here for friendly company. We all are, in addition to some tech support and general info. Reality TV started this whole "I'm not here to make friends" BS, and it's sadly destroyed common civility because everyone tries to pretend like they're the cool loner who's only out for themselves. Everyone wants to be Han Fricken Solo, but ya know what? Even Han came back and helped Luke destroy the Death Star, suckers.

/rant. :cool:

donster28

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
Not here to make friends? What then, enemies? Of course you're here for friendly company. We all are, in addition to some tech support and general info. Reality TV started this whole "I'm not here to make friends" BS, and it's sadly destroyed common civility because everyone tries to pretend like they're the cool loner who's only out for themselves. Everyone wants to be Han Fricken Solo, but ya know what? Even Han came back and helped Luke destroy the Death Star, suckers.

/rant. :cool:

Hmm...for all we know, we might me conversing to a spoiled kid.

knewsom

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2005
lmao brilliant

wty - I couldn't help myself. :p

Interesting factoid, that "two-weeks" lady was my high-school drama teacher. She wore velour jumpsuits nearly every day, and was 6' tall. Despite this fairly terrifying appearance (especially to a 5'3" freshman), she was truly an inspired and fun teacher. I also had the pleasure of seeing her onstage with Patrick Stewart in "A Christmas Carol". Sadly, she died two years ago, she left a legacy, and a youtube video I can post anytime anyone online ever says "two weeks". ;) Live on, Priscilla!

morningsong

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2010
Actually, waiting to purchase.
Have had the same iMac at home since 2002...time for an update.
And at work, I've got numerous computers I want to refresh.
Threads like this do not help anyone except the OP (you).
Sorry.

knewsom

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2005
I'm with morningsong. This thread is pointless, hence the antics.

Stuff like this should go in the existing yellow screen thread.

marco12345

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
I am only repeating what Apple Relations told me!

Take some or don't!

The website is called macRUMORS!

Anyways, I don't understand why people just want to sit back and wait for Apple.
That's not the way it's supposed to be!

I decided to make the jump from PC and was willing to pay for the 'Brand'.

Why should I except less then what they intend to be....'the best computers on the market'...ya right!

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
It actually helps a few.

Let me guess you've got a perfect Imac as well?

Who is it helping? All you've been trying to do is fulfill an agenda you have. You've been trying to stick it to Apple for the last few days. Interesting a new poster like you would rather create enemies than friends on a forum. MR is an open discussion forum (not freedom of speech) for people to help each other, you saying that you're not here to make friends won't help you much. When it comes to time when you need help, you might start to notice that very little people will reply. You'll remember the iMac threads and you'll know why.

Many of us including me who bought new 27" iMacs wanted the perfect experience, some of us got it, some of us didn't. All most people want is a good working iMac. I'm sure most of us aren't here with agenda like you have. Just yesterday you were insisting that everyone return their iMacs so Apple can LOSE MONEY. That's ridiculous, that's not the way to get them to fix the issues. If you have an agenda, please take it to another forum, you're not helping anyone here. And please stop bumping threads, cross posting and spreading FUD. :p

marco12345

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Personally I think you are lazy....It's because of people like you that company's can screw us over! Wait for your fix, like many have been waiting since last october....

Just ain't my way of doing things.

If I could box and sell you my old 17" square monitor and put a Apple sticker on it, you would probably be waiting for a fix.

I am a consumer, that's how economy rolls, They produce and I buy!

Guess what I don't buy ****!

As a prospective 27" i7 iMac owner, I've been following the thread on the yellow tinge issues for awhile now. Hoping that Apple had addressed the issue, I finally took the plunge and ordered my system on 1/20 and just got my shipping notification yesterday.

As I wait for it to arrive, I wanted to share some thoughts that came to mind after I read this review of a Samsung LED television a few days ago:

Getting the LED white light to travel from the edges to behind the LCD panel requires an optical wave guide that twists the light 90 degrees. This is no easy feat to perfect and Samsung hasn’t managed to completely nail it: screen uniformity wasn’t perfect when viewing a full white screen test pattern. On rare occasions, when viewing content with white areas at the top or bottom edge or a blue sky, this non-uniformity gave the screen edge a schmutzy (dirty) appearance.​

If this is an issue for a large TV then it may also be a problem for the iMac's 27-inch display. This got me thinking about what a Gizmodo reader mentioned last week in this article:

I now am fairly certain that the yellowing of the display is a manufacturing defect involving the distance between a layer of material used to diffuse the LED backlight and the LCD panel. To show a perfectly even color, this light scattering panel has to be absolutely flat and free of any warping, kinking, or thickness defects. It is this layer that I believe is at fault, and causes the color to drift and give the perception of yellow stripes, fields, and corners.

This would be absolutely consistent with the reports of horizontal and vertical stripes (a vertical or horizontal kink) or corners (a bad tuck). I believe these defects may not appear in the factory. Rather, with the rough handling the monitors receive when shipped this layer gets knocked out of alignment.​

Something to think about with the iMac is that it's shipping weight and bulk is a whole lot heavier than a typical monitor and the LCD panel is wedged between and fixed to metal, glass and the logic board and components behind it. Now I've seen how the FedEx and UPS guys handle packages coming to my house and office...factor in a trip all the way from Shanghai for a mega parcel and I'm sure there's a lot rough handling that the iMac has to endure. I think it's entirely possible that the backlight diffuser is getting warped in transit, perhaps at certain contact points like the lower corners. Heat from the system behind might make the problem appear worse over time as some users have commented.

If this is the case, then it would explain why some folks are getting their 5th and 6th yellow-tinged iMacs whereas others are fine. Apple could do all the QA in the world on the factory floor but it wouldn't help if the problem occurs during shipment.

Bottom line is that this would be a serious product design flaw which would take alot longer than a few weeks to fix and retool for. The only other solution would be for Apple to replace the LCD panels for those machines on which the diffuser was warped during shipment, which appears to be the direction they are heading.

Anyway, here's hoping that the FedEx takes good care of my package! :D

This is the very best I have seen so far!

Even better then Apple Relation excuses!

Thanks Kavik

Btom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2009
Who is it helping? All you've been trying to do is fulfill an agenda you have. You've been trying to stick it to Apple for the last few days. Interesting a new poster like you would rather create enemies than friends on a forum. MR is an open discussion forum (not freedom of speech) for people to help each other, you saying that you're not here to make friends won't help you much. When it comes to time when you need help, you might start to notice that very little people will reply. You'll remember the iMac threads and you'll know why.

Many of us including me who bought new 27" iMacs wanted the perfect experience, some of us got it, some of us didn't. All most people want is a good working iMac. I'm sure most of us aren't here with agenda like you have. Just yesterday you were insisting that everyone return their iMacs so Apple can LOSE MONEY. That's ridiculous, that's not the way to get them to fix the issues. If you have an agenda, please take it to another forum, you're not helping anyone here. And please stop bumping threads, cross posting and spreading FUD. :p

Are you some kind of a shrink? Just curious...

Tom B.

marco12345

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Told you!!!

Give me props!!!!
I told you they were going to fix the faulty screens soon.

Apple is contacting buyers by phone to get the screens replaced!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.