I completely lost interest

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AppleJuiceBox, Apr 28, 2015.

1. AppleJuiceBox macrumors member

I was so exited for this Mac, I was literally every single day on this thread. But after waiting 3 weeks for the computer and calling the Apple Store everyday, I lost interest in the new MacBook.

I don't want to bash apple and I'm still looking forward in getting it this Friday, but I don't know....I don't like this launch.

I think the same is going to happen with the Apple watch since I have to wait until June to get it...

Anyone else kind of lost interest waiting?

2. vanimal macrumors 6502a

I'm sure you aren't the only one. I do that all the time with new electronics lol. Even after I have it for a week I'm like mehhh. I canceled my Apple watch for that reason. I probably shouldn't have being the SG sport is going for like 890-1000 on eBay wtf? Who would pay that for a $399 watch? I had a shipping date of April 24th-May 5th. But backed out at the CC screen. Oh well.

3. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I know exactly how you feel.

This abysmal launch has left a very bad taste in the mouth.

4. PDFierro macrumors 68040

It left a bad taste in my mouth initially. But I think if someone was this interested in buying it, then 4-6 weeks shouldn't deter them.

5. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

Refuse delivery then and return it for a refund, simple.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

This should put paid to the notion that Apple deliberately suppresses supply in order to create the appearance of demand. Apple wants to get these out as fast as they can.

7. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I know, I laugh whenever someone says that. They say Apple artificially inflates demand and makes people wait. How much sense does that make? It's not like Apple is charging you and holding money for 2 months collecting interest. There's no motivation for them not to produce them as quickly as possible. They're a business, and no business slows production to make it look like a product is more popular. If someone is standing in front of you trying to hand you money, you do everything you can to take their money.

----------

I agree, it sucks waiting, but BestBuy.com has stock of several models for immediate shipping, Amazon\DataViz has all the models in stock. If you really wanted one, there's plenty of ways to get them.

If you lost interest that quick, seems you have a short attention span. Why not take a breath and just wait, or buy through one of the other channels that have the product available now?

I kinda have lost interest in typing in this thread. LOL

8. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

i lost hope as well, got a MBA refurb instead... but after trying it for a week, i just can't adjust to the non-retina screen.

so picked up at 1.2ghz space grey

9. tecnho macrumors 6502

I can relate to the feeling. I don't know that I have lost interest per say, but the wait is slightly aggravating for the simple reason that it was unanticipated.

10. doboy macrumors 68000

This is Apple's way of weeding out the people who make an impulse purchase and end up returning it. :D

11. tecnho macrumors 6502

It has created even more returns, because presumably scores of people waiting endlessly for Apple to ship their laptop have been snatching up stock the moment it hits BB. One of those computers is going back

12. TripleCore macrumors regular

…and people who ordered more than one because they weren't sure what color they would like. :mad:

13. melb00m macrumors regular

I'm still excited for mine, but I'd definitely also appreciate if "Processing Order" finally moved to "Shipped"...

14. Ploki macrumors 68000

please tell me people don't really do that

15. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Oh, a lot of people do that. It is quite amazing. Just as they order both the 1.1 Ghz model and the 1.3 Ghz model, to see 'what suits them best'.

16. ZipZap macrumors 601

Instead of calling Apple every day had you come here you would have known that Best Buy had them for online ordering.

17. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

People like this are disgusting. Buying something knowing full well ahead of time it will be returned and Apple will need to sell it as a refurb.

18. TSloper74 macrumors member

That's not disgusting. If Apple didn't accept it they wouldn't let it happen without penalty to the purchaser. This is gen 1 of a product that has some very significant design compromises. How is anyone supposed to know with confidence they are making the right purchase for their needs? Apple's profit margins more then account for all of this. There is a lot of padding in that $1299 base model price tag.

No one here owes anyone because stock is limited.

19. Ploki macrumors 68000

go into the shop and try them. especially for colors.

20. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

This losing interest because one cannot get it NOW thing seems like a first world problem only experienced by teenagers with the attention span of a concussed squirrel.

----------

I see that more as Apple's fault for not having all of the models on display to try. Outside of the U.S. we didn't have any models in store at all until last week.

21. Elise macrumors 6502

Folks not everyone is in the US so suggestions about Best Buy are redundant for some. For these groups it's either roll with it or roll on. Just sayin.'

22. PsychicRutabaga macrumors member

PsychicRutabaga

My interest is waning. My original plan was to get a Surface Pro 3 and run an Ubuntu derivative (Bodhi) in Hyper-V for lightweight web and utility code development. But then the new Macbook intrigued me, especially given that it is native Unix under the hood. I've never owned a Mac before so I'm not one of the rabid zealots. I am however without a lightweight laptop at the moment as my old system recently died. My iPad is great for e-mail and general consumer services, but it isn't for development.

My hope was to pick one up in the store on or around April 10. Obviously that didn't happen. I do have one on order, but it isn't expected until June 10. I'm not upset about the wait so much as I am about Apple not setting expectations correctly. Because of this, the Surface Pro 3 is starting to look attractive again.

23. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

that's why most company has their product IN STORE so consumers can try it on before purchasing it?

Just saying...

24. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Even though Apple has low supply versus demand for this laptop, they really dropped the ball during the launch. They would have sold more of these laptops if stores have them day one simply based on the impulse buy of many people.

25. SusanK macrumors 68000

They should have visited an Apple store to compare :rolleyes: