Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Totally Off Subject

Who are these two little fellas? I just noticed them for the fist time ever. I've never seen this before. Maybe I just don't come on here often enough?? Can anybody tell me? Thanks!

unledwe.jpg

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
Who are these two little fellas? I just noticed them for the fist time ever. I've never seen this before. Maybe I just don't come on here often enough?? Can anybody tell me? Thanks!

Haha I literally just noticed those and thought they were a Vote thing where the most voted reply gets to be at the top of each page or something. So I clicked the Up arrow on a reply I liked and it took me back to the main forums page (as I should've expected seeing the link in the bottom left).

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
Top job:)
Would be interested in hearing about what you found bad in the bb OS

I didn't get the iPad until now because of the PlayBook's announcement last year. I was wanted to see if RIM could produce a quality product. They didn't. I could go on about the issue with the PlayBook but here are the main points:

1. The software wasn't developed and had too many missing core items such as email, contacts, and calendar. You could get them, at the moment, only if you connect it via Bluetooth to a BlackBerry phone. I have one, but I'm with ATT and guess what...ATT BLOCKED the app that allows the connection. Apparently, RIM did not do any amount of worthwhile testing prior to launch.

2. While the operating system is very nice for tablets (if that OS was on an iPad...wow...) there were too too many bugs. There were no apps and the few that existed didn't even include Twitter or Facebook. The two most used apps probably.

3. The browser does have Flash, something I love, but it wasn't smooth at all. When you zoom in the page would adjust over and over again. On Apple's devices when you zoom in the image clears up nice and crisp. On the PB browser it was an actual zoom, so you see all the fuzz and jagged edges. Then, Hulu blocked it. That did not help. You couldn't even create folders or organize bookmarks. The entire browser seems about 75% done.

4. I will say I preferred the screen of the PlayBook, the color is very - very - crisp. But, like I said their hardware was amazing. Software..not.

Those were the main issues. These days consumers want products that work, they don't want to wait for a fix or an update. If a product isn't ready yet, don't launch it. RIM is a very poor job at testing their new baby and it's not going to get any better now that ATT has already blocked their connection app (Bridge) and Verizon has already stated they are looking into this app as well.

*cough* fanboy :D

What's funny is I graduated college with an IT degree, worked in web design/development for one of the largest insurance companies in the US for over six years. I was a 100% PC guy, I didn't care for Apple at all. Then, about three years ago I get a MacBook. It was the by far the best operating laptop I ever used. And I can easily count more than 15 PC desktop/laptops in my life since age 14 (I'm 34 now). Shortly after I tried an iPhone 3GS, then it was all over... But, I still run my Alienware desktop in the basement :)

I'm not converted. Each product has its respective pitfalls. Subjective, some more than others.

I look at most devices the same way. That's why I didn't get an iPhone until the third year (was happy with my BlackBerry). I also didn't get an iPad because I wanted to try out the PlayBook. After having so many different laptops, desktops, and phones I can easily say right now Apple's products are by far the best in terms of usability and functionality. I love devices that are effective and work, right now Apple is one of the few companies that make such products.

Hackint0sh814

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2011
Upstate NY
Congratulations! I remember when my house slowly turned into an Apple only domain as well. Little by little all my old tech was replaced by something Apple branded since it usually was the best solution that was available. I do still have a Windows 7 homemade PC (for work purposes and gaming) but any mobility products in my house are all Apple.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Cool, want ur cookie now or later??

I, like several others on here, appreciate the enthusiasm and it's little things like that that keep us coming back on here. If you had absolutely nothing positive to contribute, and all you have to offer is sarcasm coated in bitterness, save it for yourself. Yeah, I know you have a right to your opinion on the matter but if the topic was so boring and lame (and whatever else you may have thought it was), why even bother to give useless feedback?

If this guy (or gal) is happy to have added Apple stuff to his/her household and is compelled to share it on MacRumors, what's it to you?

steadysignal

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2010
I'm a converted Apple hater. 2 years ago, I wouldn't have even allowed an iPod in my house. Now my wife has a MacBook and an iPod, I have an iPhone 4 and soon an iPad 2 (probably Monday). I am streaming my iTunes library all over the house and spending a gazillion dollars every month in iBooks, iTunes, and App Store stuff.

Then there's my lonely Windows 7 PC down in the basement. When I get rid of my laptop, that will be the only Windows machine left in our house.

right there with you. i was an apple hater.

damn iphone.

now i am all apple.

fel10

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2010
Woodstock, GA USA
I, like several others on here, appreciate the enthusiasm and it's little things like that that keep us coming back on here. If you had absolutely nothing positive to contribute, and all you have to offer is sarcasm coated in bitterness, save it for yourself. Yeah, I know you have a right to your opinion on the matter but if the topic was so boring and lame (and whatever else you may have thought it was), why even bother to give useless feedback?

If this guy (or gal) is happy to have added Apple stuff to his/her household and is compelled to share it on MacRumors, what's it to you?

Chill out dude, it was just a joke. Just look at my sig, and u will see that I'm just as proud to have Apple toys as the OP. Sheesh

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
A suggestion when you finally convert to a mac desktop: Go with an iMac over a Mini. I thought I'd save a couple hundred bucks and get a mini plus monitor/webcam/etc separately (I kept my keyboard and mouse from my eMac). I wish I'd just gotten the iMac - not only is it next to impossible to get a webcam to work consistently (they don't have good OS X support anymore b/c 90% of apple machines have one built in), but I just wish I'd opted for the simplicity of the iMac. I have so many wires right now. I'll probably be selling my mini setup soon and upgrading.

(For the record, I've been all-Apple since 2002 - before that, in college, I had a linux machine but used macs at all of my jobs. Would you believe that when I got my eMac in 02, I was actually hesitant to switch over from OS 9 to X? I stayed booted into OS 9 the first few months I had it.)

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
Too bad you got the Verizon iPad 2. (Not such an issue if you don't travel outside the US very often.)

I don't travel outside US much at all. But if I did I'd take my iPhone which is on ATT and a laptop. iPad is for home use. Other use is maybe for hockey and baseball games where ATT signals break but VZ still works.

G-Mo

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2010
Auckland, NZ
I don't travel outside US much at all. But if I did I'd take my iPhone which is on ATT and a laptop. iPad is for home use. Other use is maybe for hockey and baseball games where ATT signals break but VZ still works.

If the iPhone locked to AT&T, it's not much use out of country ($$$), whereas with the AT&T iPad, you can pickup a cheap local SIM and cheap PAYG data... That's the only reason I'd get a 3G iPad.

gtmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Airport extreme, two expresses, apple tv, ipad2, two iPhone 4s(owned one of each model) 6 iPods no Macs I will get one though when my PC dies. Not a fanboy No! Apple frustrates me but they still kill the competition.

Two rokus by the way they kill apple tv.

felch

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2010
I prefer Windows to OSX on my main computer and prefer iOS for my mobile devices.

I went from an iPhone 4 to an Atrix after losing it in the mountains and wish I had gotten another iPhone 4 again but it was my wifes upgrade and she didnt see the use in having an iPhone 4 when she uses the touch, I get my upgrade in july. I also just ordered an iPad 2 and have a 4th gen touch and about 6 different ipods and a Macbook pro.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
If the iPhone locked to AT&T, it's not much use out of country ($$$), whereas with the AT&T iPad, you can pickup a cheap local SIM and cheap PAYG data... That's the only reason I'd get a 3G iPad.

Sure. But the last time I went out of the country was in 1997. So, why get something I won't use. And, to me an iPad is not a nessesity, it's a nice-to-have. I'd never take an iPad out on travel, whatever minor traveling I do I take my MacBook Air.

Also, the other reason for choosing VZ over ATT was that all the sports venues around DC do not have ATT connectivity, but does have VZ.

Each person's needs are obviously different. To each their own.

slapshot

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2009
Central Ohio
Finally a thread on here I feel I can contribute to.

I bought my first Apple product (other than an iPod) 2 1/2 years ago. I was in the market for a new laptop as my old Dell (can I say that word on here) was having difficulty booting up. I had a few friends recommend MacBooks but like a lot of people I was unsure about learning a new operating system. Another friend let me play with is MacBook for an hour or so I realized it was fairly simple so my wife and I went off to the Apple Store for a new electronic gadget for me.

Shortly after that, my wife wanted an iPod touch. Like most guys, I could not let my wife have a cooler gadget than me so I got one too. Then last September my mother came to visit with her iPad. My wife once again fell in love with yet another cool product from Cupertino and once again we were off to the Apple Store for 2 new 64gb 3G iPads.

Then this past Christmas my wife said she wanted a new laptop so she got a new MacBook Air and my kids got a new iMac from Nana and Papa. It was a very Apple Christmas in our house.

The final piece (for now) was an Airport Extreme we got about a month ago after out Linksys router finally died.

Also in the last year I have converted 2 co-workers to Apple and my mother is now a proud owner a MacBook Pro.

I am afraid to sit down and figure out exactly how much money I have spent at the Apple store over the last 2 1/2 years.

BigDukeSix

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2010
34.6700N 118.1590W
Finally a thread on here I feel I can contribute to.

I bought my first Apple product (other than an iPod) 2 1/2 years ago. I was in the market for a new laptop as my old Dell (can I say that word on here) was having difficulty booting up. I had a few friends recommend MacBooks but like a lot of people I was unsure about learning a new operating system. Another friend let me play with is MacBook for an hour or so I realized it was fairly simple so my wife and I went off to the Apple Store for a new electronic gadget for me.

Shortly after that, my wife wanted an iPod touch. Like most guys, I could not let my wife have a cooler gadget than me so I got one too. Then last September my mother came to visit with her iPad. My wife once again fell in love with yet another cool product from Cupertino and once again we were off to the Apple Store for 2 new 64gb 3G iPads.

Then this past Christmas my wife said she wanted a new laptop so she got a new MacBook Air and my kids got a new iMac from Nana and Papa. It was a very Apple Christmas in our house.

The final piece (for now) was an Airport Extreme we got about a month ago after out Linksys router finally died.

Also in the last year I have converted 2 co-workers to Apple and my mother is now a proud owner a MacBook Pro.

I am afraid to sit down and figure out exactly how much money I have spent at the Apple store over the last 2 1/2 years.

Outstanding!!! But, yes, don't think about the $$ spent, but how cool and functional the products are.

Barbariska

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2007
Another apple fan :)

Even thou I work in IT I never knew about Apple. I happened to work with an Apple fan and one day he wanted to sell his used iBook. I decided why not buy used inexpensive laptop just to try if I like Apple Products. O boy, Do I have to continue? Since that moment I've become an APPLE Fan Girl :). Now in my household we have Mac Book Pro, IPAD2, Iphone 3Gs and Iphone 4, numerous Ipods,including first generation Gold Mini Ipod (thats still working :D). In near future I am planning on buying 27" IMac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.