I did something really stupid. Please help me.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dmac77, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I feel like a total idiot and I don't know what to do. I was at a party tonight, and I smoked a few cigarettes (really stupid), this was the first time that I have ever smoked (& the last), and now I feel like I'm going to puke. I'm really naucious and dizzy also. I've been like this for a few hours, and I've already taken some zofran (I have a prescription), and that hasn't even helped. How do I make this feeling go away, without my Mom finding out? Please help me, this is an absolutly horrid feeling.

Thanks!

Don

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

The fat ass cigar I had at the end of last semester made me puke...it feels better if you just do it. Take a shower.

3. Dmac77 thread starter macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I would if I could. But my mom's room is right next the bathroom. It'll wake her up, and then I'll have to explain why I'm in the shower, and that will lead to me smoking, and I'll end up grounded untill I'm 50. Thanks for replying though!

Don

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Don- taking one drug on top of another drug is a very bad idea. Ride this out and let it leave your system. If you puke, just tell your mom you don't feel well. It's not that big a deal.

5. fridgeymonster3 macrumors 6502

fridgeymonster3

You need to come u with an excuse to get in the shower and just puke. You and your clothes probably smell all smokey anyways so you need to wash them and get the smell off you? Are you an athlete? Say you're really stiff and sore and wanted a warm shower - couldn't get comfortable to sleep. Allergies? Warm shower and stream to clear sinuses? Hell, if smoking is so bad and your mom is really against it just pretend you were masturbating. When she asks just get all red and embarrased and mumble and ****, that may be worse though.

6. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Don't do this again.

The second time you may get hooked, really. I wouldn't consider any drug in history this addictive, but modern cigs are designed to get you hooked very easily. Get hooked and you could lose your life way before your time.

I hope you feel better soon, and realize if you do or don't get caught, just hope you don't get that urge to smoke. If you think you feel bad because you had tobacco, what's even worse is if your body feels bad, angry, anxious anytime you don't smoke.

7. Quad SLi 295 macrumors member

Quad SLi 295

Why should you need an excuse to shower?

Mum: Why are you in the shower?

You: I wanted a shower.

End of conversation.

Cheers
    Jimmy

8. Dmac77 thread starter macrumors 68020

Dmac77

That makes sense. I'm just going to go lay down and deal with it.
    Oh believe me, I will never smoke a cigarette again. I feel worse then I do when I have a full blown migraine.
    You don't know my mom. She's like the frickin' gestapo, if she's sucpicious of something, I'll have to deal with room raids for the next month. I don't want that. Like I said above, I'm just going to ride this out. Thanks for replying though.

Don

9. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Absolutely: even medications for which you have a prescription can be extremely dangerous when taken for reasons not specified on the prescription, or with substances not known by your pharmacist.

Drink plenty of water and rest.

10. Quad SLi 295 macrumors member

Quad SLi 295

Options:

1: Don't ask, Don't tell (Absolute personal favorite, as I was street racing in the hills for 2 years before my parents figured it out ;) )

2: Take a shower, if Hitlers finest comes down on you, go on the offensive and respond with "would you rather I didn't shower? regardless of that conversations outcome don't shower for a week.

Murder isn't illegal, it's only illegal if you get caught.

Cheers
    Jimmy

11. Dmac77 thread starter macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I'm feeling much better after a good night of sleep. One things for sure, I'll never smoke a cigarette again. Thanks for all of your advice.

Don

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Thats weird, ive heard about people getting really sick the first time they have a cigarrette but that never happened to me.

Perhaps it was because I was already used to inhaling a different kind of plant?

13. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

How did you even get to and from this party? You've gotta be like 13 if smoking has you trippin' out. Every time I smoke cigarettes (which is once a month, max) I always reek... your fingernails smell like it, your clothes smell like it - unless you intend to bathe in febreez for the next few hours, she's going to know you've been smoking.

Protip - unless they smoke too, girls don't dig the smell. If you're looking for some action, skip the cigs.

Don't throw up, go take a shower to get the smell off - if it wakes your mom up, tell her that you're... TAKING A SHOWER. Its not illegal to take a shower, is it? Then go to bed. And life goes on.

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Give him a break man, he IS 14. (dmac thats not some sort of insult, just fact so dont take it that way)

15. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Honestly cigarettes aren't that bad (though I'm sure you don't agree with me right now). Though I will offer one bit of advice if you do feel like having another in the future. Stick to "Lights" since you're a non-smoker. You likely smoked a "Red" last night and dude I know exactly what you were feeling like last night. Horrible feeling.

16. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

[​IMG]

Then I'm going to give you a few tips. It sounds like you're not cut out for the party life. Do you react the same way when you drink? If so, find something else to do on weekends. If not, just don't smoke in the future. Its as easy as that.

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Not true.

18. kolax macrumors G3

I get not very nice highs from actual cigarettes. I'm a casual smoker - I'll smoke when I'm drinking, and I always roll my own. For a start it is cheaper, and tastes nicer.

Prefer green though. ;)

19. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Just fags?? I'd say relax! Loads of people get dizzy sick feelings when they smoke for the first time in a while/ever.

20. Dmac77 thread starter macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I got to and from the party with a friend and his older brother. And these were reds, not lights, and this was my first time.

As to smelling like smoke, my Mom smokes, but she has pretty much told me that I'm dead if she finds out that I smoked a cigarette. It's really hypocritical, but she's a do as I say, not as I do kind of person. So my clothes already smell like cigarettes.
    Alcohol has never bothered me. No, I don't out boozing every weekend. But needless to say, I've gone into the liquor cabinet a few times, when I'm really stressed (I know it's a bad way to deal with stress, and I know I shouldn't drink alcohol at my age, please no lectures. I only do it every few months). I can handle alcohol well, but for some reason cigarettes really through me for a loop.

Don

21. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Here's what you need to do (if you haven't already).
    1. Go puke (if you still need to).
    2. Go take a long, hot shower (use lots of soap).
    3. Go to your room, open a window and take a nap.

Kbai.

EDIT: oh, this happened way early this morning. My list is useless now. :(

22. Dmac77 thread starter macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Thanks for your concern, but I'm fine now. I won't be smoking a cigarette for a loooooong time.

Don

23. kolax macrumors G3

Salvia next time?

24. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Only 14? Wow, that kind of changes my advice. Listen kid, hang back on getting into that crowd for another couple of years. It might feel cool, but playing sports or working hard in school to get into a good college is A LOT more cool. So learn to say no at the moment.

25. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak