Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppmov46

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
hey everyone...
i have a huge problem and don't know what to do.
I bought a blackbook in august... and loved it. I realized there would be an update soon... so i returned it and used a reallly crappy ibook.
now... i began to think - new models of computers are usually faulty, and broken, and beta-ish, and experimental. so now i'm thinking i made a mistake - now, i kinda want a pro, because the screen is better. So i am thinking... either buy a pro today or wait until october 14.
Pleas epople i need your help.
WHAT TO DO!?!?!

Vulcan

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Well, I would personally buy one now as impatient as I am, but even if you do wait, you'll still be able to buy the old ones as refurbs.

Assuming there aren't any major changes, it wouldn't necessarily be a buggy Rev A product. If there are however which I'm doubting, it would be.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
i know what to do

just wait and see for yourself... if these models have issues, they usually aren't life threatening and Apple addresses them promptly.

bottom line, wait it out and be a part of the next model wave. :D

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
2 weeks will be here and gone before you can blink.

Save up and wait unless you have a money making project that just can't be put off.

If they don't drop something new and grand, the ones available today will still be there.

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
hey everyone...
I bought a blackbook in august... and loved it. I realized there would be an update soon... so i returned it and used a reallly crappy ibook.
now... i began to think - new models of computers are usually faulty, and broken, and beta-ish, and experimental. so now i'm thinking i made a mistake - now, i kinda want a pro, because the screen is better. So i am thinking... either buy a pro today or wait until october 14.
WHAT TO DO!?!?!

Sometime problems due to faulty parts do not show up until few months or a year later.

Vulcan

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
hey everyone...
WHAT TO DO!?!?!

Wait a minute... https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/534291/

I can't believe you went that long waiting. Regardless, based on the MacBook thread, just wait for the update, if it does happen anytime soon.

I'd honestly suggest an iMac if you don't need a laptop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.