i don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ppmov46, Sep 30, 2008.

  1. ppmov46 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2008
    #1
    hey everyone...
    i have a huge problem and don't know what to do.
    I bought a blackbook in august... and loved it. I realized there would be an update soon... so i returned it and used a reallly crappy ibook.
    now... i began to think - new models of computers are usually faulty, and broken, and beta-ish, and experimental. so now i'm thinking i made a mistake - now, i kinda want a pro, because the screen is better. So i am thinking... either buy a pro today or wait until october 14.
    Pleas epople i need your help.
    WHAT TO DO!?!?!
     
  2. Vulcan macrumors 65816

    Vulcan

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #2
    Well, I would personally buy one now as impatient as I am, but even if you do wait, you'll still be able to buy the old ones as refurbs.

    Assuming there aren't any major changes, it wouldn't necessarily be a buggy Rev A product. If there are however which I'm doubting, it would be.
     
  3. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

    brn2ski00

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2007
    #3
    i know what to do

    just wait and see for yourself... if these models have issues, they usually aren't life threatening and Apple addresses them promptly.

    bottom line, wait it out and be a part of the next model wave. :D
     
  4. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

    rjphoto

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2005
    #4
    2 weeks will be here and gone before you can blink.

    Save up and wait unless you have a money making project that just can't be put off.

    If they don't drop something new and grand, the ones available today will still be there.
     
  5. isethx macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2008
  6. hajime macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2007
    #6
    Sometime problems due to faulty parts do not show up until few months or a year later.
     
  7. Vulcan macrumors 65816

    Vulcan

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #7
    Wait a minute... http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=534291&page=2

    I can't believe you went that long waiting. Regardless, based on the MacBook thread, just wait for the update, if it does happen anytime soon.

    I'd honestly suggest an iMac if you don't need a laptop.
     
  8. sourgreenapple macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2008
    #8

    he wasnt waiting that long without a laptop. he had macbooks in between that he bought and returned
     
  9. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

    Bengt77

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2002
    Location:
    Europe
    #9
    Man, we have the credit crisis going on and you call this a huge problem?!...
     
  10. rubberball macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2008
    Location:
    Denver, CO
    #10
    I agree... Must be nice that this is a HUGE problem. :rolleyes:
     

Share This Page