I don't like iOS 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by flipster, Jun 7, 2011.

1. flipster macrumors 6502a

I just got an iPhone 4, and this just seems way simpler than iOS 5. I mean, just keep the iPod app, and why no facebook intergration? Get over it apple, 700,000,000 people use it. As for "iMessanger", I don't see the point. It's just a BBM in iPhone form.

Idk, I just dont see the big deal over it... I mean, props to Apple for trying to make I better, iOS 4.3 is outstanding. Way more solid than my Droid X was. Anyone have opinions on this? I think it'll just be one of those "I'll just have to get used to it" things

2. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

You ever think that Facebook might not want that level of integration?

iOS5 is a natural evolution of the OS. Nothing too drastic, but it smooths out the rough edges.

3. genexrocket macrumors regular

It doesn't matter if you like it or not, it's called progress. It's not like they're gonna keep the OS the same forever.

4. TheSideshow macrumors 6502

Facebook and WP7 are very integrated. Facebook and certain Android phones the same.

5. mrockm01 macrumors regular

mrockm01

+1

And if you don't message any other iPhone or iOS device, the messages app is the same. I also heard the new notifications can go back to iOS 4 form (can't confirm). What other features do you not like?

6. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

so.. you don't see the point in added features? Nothings gone, just new things added. The awesome part about that is that you can keep using it the way you always have and not have to use any of the new stuff. Meanwhile, everyone else in the world can be doing what the competition has been doing for a while now.

7. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

While I'm going to take a long wait and see approach before passing judgment, I do like the fact that Apple is finally "getting it" and catching up to Android.

8. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

9. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

I don't understand what do you mean by simpler? In technology simpler is usually a good thing. Apple didn't remove any features or dumb down anything that was existing.

Just BBM? I know several people who hate their Blackberries but refuse to leave them because of BBM. Every Blackberry fanatic seems to love it. Why wouldn't Apple want to lure those people with an alternative on their own platform while also hoping to further lock-in the users of iOS with similar iMessenger addiction?

10. flipster thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't like change hehe :p

But, like i said, it's just confusing right now. I'll have to get used to it, that's all. I think all the people I text are almost all iPhone users, and the iMessanger thing is just confusing, is it like a chat room type thing for iPhones? Or just a texting type app that allows the user to see when the other is typing, or if they read the message... I read the MacRumors article, but I can't wrap my head around this for some strange reason...

As for the "typical Boston approach", well, that makes no sense.. (rick snagwell)

11. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

Get used to what???? The pull down notification tab? C'mon...Thats the only thing that has really "changed". iMessenger isn't even a different app. Its all integrated into the stock Messages app. It will automatically be able to tell if the person you are messaging has an iPhone with iOS5. Once it does sense that the bubbles will turn blue to let you aware that it is an iMessage and you get all the new added abilities.

12. vegetabless macrumors newbie

13. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

First of all, if you don't like iOS5, you can always keep 4.3. Its not a required update.
    the iMessenger makes perfect sense to me. I don't really text much, and only pay for 200 texts a month. With iMessenger, I can send all the messages i want to other iOS5 users without being charged.

14. gameface macrumors 6502

Typical California smugness.

15. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

I'm happy with the Twitter integration and glad there's no Facebook integration. Just my opinion.

16. Cole JM macrumors regular

Its actually more like an approach of an old person....

17. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

You might not see the point in imessages, but others do. In fact, now I can drop my text messages and save myself 20 bucks a month since everyone I text will have ios 5. If you don't like it, don't upgrade.

18. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

19. saberahul macrumors 68040

20. spades1412 macrumors 6502

You will always have the option to stay on your current iOS version. It will not force you to update. I dont see how iOS4 seems "simpler". All Apple has done is added features. There really no UI changes with the exception of the way it handles Notifications.

21. flipster thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lol, I love how everyone fires back at me like I'm cutting off Steve Job's arms. Relax, I was just a little confused at how this would work. I'm good with Macs, this is my first iPhone. Give me a break. I wasn't attacking Apple, just stating my opinion based on the current knowledge available.

22. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Really the only visual change is notifications.. But even with notifications you can revert to the old style. You are not forced to use the new system.

iCloud, iMessage etc. they all happen behind these scenes and seamlessly as if nothing happened.

With iMessage there is zero thinking. You simply text a friend. If the phone sees they are running an iphone running ios5 then imessages automatically kicks in and saves you money (from text messages). Zero thinking. Zero settings to deal with (if you want there are settings). Zero playing with. It just does it on its own.

23. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Uh, I hate FaceBook. Integration? Thank goodness no. I do use Twitter so I don't mind that integration.

24. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

You might want to re-read your OP, you were basically saying Apple's new OS is bad. Don't back pedal just because the majority don't agree with you. You are entitled to your opinion, but remember just that. It's your opinion.

25. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

Not understanding why people don't like iMessages.