I feel so naked...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vertigo50, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

So I just sold my iPhone 3G tonight for $300, which is great because it means my new phone will be free, not counting the $18 upgrade fee and the tax.

But I have to say, I'm feeling totally naked without my iPhone in my pocket. More importantly, I'm already starting to feel antsy without it. I've reached for a it a few times already to look something up, and it pains me a bit that it's not there.

I have my Razr for the few days in between, but man, this is tough. How did I ever live without that thing?

:D

2. fuzion macrumors 6502

3. jp93 macrumors regular

I feel exactly the same way man,

black cingular branded razr for me... its no fun :(

4. Wailord macrumors 6502

I feel for you... when my phone was stolen a couple of months ago I ended up using a friend's old Sony Ericsson. About four hours into my first day with it, I was like, yeah, not gonna work, and ended up exchanging my MacBook for my brother's iPhone (until Thursday). :p

5. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

try having that nakedness for more than a month

6. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I know the feeling, Man. I had to go without my first generation while I was in the process of upgrading to the 3G S. It was cruel & unusual punishment. Thanks to that, I decided to wait to sell my 3G S. It's goin' up on eBay the minute I get home from the Apple store.

7. ChocolateApple macrumors 6502

ChocolateApple

Why not wait until you get the new one?

$300 is a great price, by the way. Congrats. Last year, I simply sold mine via a website that buys them back, and got something like $250-ish. I just remember the new one coming to a $50 difference. Not as good as your deal, but not bad.

8. Mercaptan macrumors regular

Been without mine for two weeks now. It's oddly liberating, but I'm very excited about getting back to it..

9. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

Tell me about it. I've been using a motorola for 3 months now. I was really upset when I was able to text somewhat fast on T9 today. I'm actually getting (gulp) *used* to it?! I need my sweet, succulent multitouch display back. :eek:

10. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

You answered your own question. I posted my iPhone at this price about a week ago, and started talking to potential buyers. Right now, there are about twice as many phones on Craigslist as there were then.

By Wednesday, there will be so many on there, with people trying to undercut each other, that the going rate for my 3G would probably be about $200 or less.

No one wants to be without their phone, but they don't think ahead, and they'll lose money. A few days without my phone is worth the extra $100, and it means I get the 32GB instead of the 16GB now.

11. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

Tell me about it. I sold mine 2 1/2 weeks in advance. Now I'm waiting for white. *sigh*

Xanadeath

12. ontheDL macrumors member

Mine just sold on ebay tonight. I put 3 days handling time just so I'd be ok... :)

Still one day without my baby though.

13. Macnator macrumors 6502

A few times I've gone out and forgotten my iPhone. It's horrible!!! :D

When I sell my 3GS, I have to wait until July for to get an iPhone 4. If I sell it anytime soon it's gonna suck waiting.:(

14. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I have to tell you guys a funny story.

I was getting ready to meet my buyer tonight, and got my Razr out to take it with me.

My wife (who is pretty non-tech) picked up my Razr and said "Is this a real phone?" :D

First of all, I used that phone for over a year, but it's really funny to think that the Razr used to be one of the coolest phones you could get, and now it looks like a crappy toy.

I couldn't stop laughing.

15. ontheDL macrumors member

And you're right vertigo. Last week 8gb 3g's were fetching $300 no problem, and I got ONE bid on mine for $200 at the last minute today. I wanted to put mine up last week but I just couldn't go that long without a phone.

Still happy with $200.

16. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

You know, I thought about Ebay, because at one point I could probably have gotten about $320 to 350, but then I calculated the fees, and I would have walked away with less than $300.

Way to go Ebay fees.

17. twigg macrumors member

I've been without mine for nearly a month...and my "temp" phone is the N-Gage, yes the N-Gage aka "taco phone". It's pretty ridiculous now, i have to use a computer to check my mail, wtf rite?

18. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

That was so win. Why did no one comment? +1 kudos to fuzion!

19. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

You're right, that was hilarious, and also painfully true. The thread is going so fast I forgot to comment on it.

20. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

21. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

I sold my 3GS over a month ago. I've been patiently waiting. And I'm waiting for the white. LOL.

22. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Ouch. I hope they have white phones for you guys on launch, I really do.

23. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

I'm using an EVO until the 24th, and between it rebooting at inopportune times and crappy browsers, I can't wait until my iPhone 4 arrives.

24. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    I sold mine the day before WWDC, I haven't had a phone since then and I feel lost!