I find it sad that the "Apple Responds to DOMA ruling" thread was closed

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by CaptHenryMorgan, Jun 26, 2013.

1. CaptHenryMorgan macrumors regular

Move it to PRSI, whatever. You closed it because there were a "massive numbers of problematic posts"? Isn't it your job as moderators to take care of those anyway? I'm really amazed at how many "banned" and "Time-Out" members there are on this forum. I've never seen anything like it in any other forum I've been on.

Perhaps "problem" threads should have a label, highlight, or warning at the top of the thread page that says "This thread may offend you, if you don't like it, hit the back button. We are not responsible for language, comments, or ideas presented in this thread". Maybe that way people can say what they want and interact with the largest Mac forum on the internet without fear of BS retribution from the mods?

2. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

Theres no way they could keep up with the clean up if it stayed open. Hopefully it will come back once its been sorted out.

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I will not dispute your opinion. I certainly can appreciate that you, and others, may feel that MR is over-Moderated.

Just speaking for myself, having seen some pretty awful stuff on other fora, I would say that for me the level of Moderation is one of the reasons l like MR.

I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that I have been dinged, more than once, in the past. I will also acknowledge that those actions were perfectly justified by my Rule violations.

It is my impression that Banning only occurs after multiple Time Outs...and not done casually.

Again, I speak only for myself and am not challenging other's viewpoints on the matter.

4. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Had no chance to post on the thread (was on the road when it all happened), but in the end, everything that was worth saying has been said. More than once.

5. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

You haven't been here long so you can't know this yet, but I can assure you that we do everything we can to let discussions live by cleaning up problems when they pop up. Occasionally threads do get closed, but only if we feel they are just taking way too much of the moderaters' time at the expense of other problems.

Bottom line: If everyone follows the rules, all threads can stay open and unedited at all times. ;)