Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

S14-Racer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2005
I just got back from the Florida Keys from a long weekend celebrating the 21st anniversary of the birth of my brother (the most kick-ass kid ever) with him and my two sisters. I had to leave a bit later then I wanted to, as I had to wait for my 32gig white 3GS iPhone to come in the mail first.

I am so glad I did. I am coming from an AT&T 1st gen 8 gig. I used the 3GS to take priceless photos and great videos on the fly. Voice recording came in handy as well when he got pulled over for speeding (if they can record so can I)! The GPS was fantastic to have on hand even out in the ocean to find the right Key, as the one on the boat we rented for a day was to jumbled to be effective for us land folk.

Oh, and AT&T had full bar, fast 3g coverage with zero drops in every part of every Key even miles out in the ocean!!! Damn, they even have a station tucked away in the middle of a salt marsh that I spotted, out in a reserve area of Key Largo, on a toll road with nothing around for miles upon miles for crying out loud! While not as impressive as full coverage on remote islands, everything works fine at my house, as did my other one, only in 3g. I rocked pandora over the radio for ~360 miles (I'm in the Orlando area) at a decent cruising speed all the way down and back without hiccups either.

Hate on haters! Is anyone else out there just happy in general?

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
FINALLY, dam man thank you. I love both the iphone and AT&T there support and everything. Im one dam happy person also. =D

S14-Racer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2005
There are so many other options to upload stuff that it just doesn't matter to me on this phone. I had / have no problems getting my stuff out to people. I seriously doubt that anyone who has this phone is not capable of getting to a computer in a timely fashion to view incoming ones either. It's on its way anyhow.

I think of the whole MMS thing, as buying a Ferrari and complaining that it doesn't have cup holders. *It may, I don't know I don't own one, but it's an example.

I can understand where some people would be inconvenienced though, if they are used to using it frequently.

verks

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
Happy here. Can't complain. Pleased with both the new 3GS and at&t.

Macintosh69

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2008
I'm happy too! I love love love my 3GS!! And I can honestly say that in the short year that I've had AT&T, they've vastly improved their coverage (at least in my area). And their CS is awesome, esp compared to sprint. Overall, I'm a very happy camper 

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Yep, MMS and tethering aside, I'm cool with AT&T. I couldn't get the first gen, because edge coverage here sucks, but 3G has been really good and moving towards great. I've had no regrets with either phone.

Sounds like you had a great weekend. :)

S14-Racer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2005
This is fantastic to hear! There's been way too much bad energy surrounding the community lately. I almost wished I hadn't of purchased the phone, even after I opened the box from Fedex and activated it. I didn't want to be associated with the whole negativity trend.

Sounds like you had a great weekend. :)
It was one of those life altering events! It was one of the best times of my life. 2008 was a brutal year for the 4 of us, myself especially. :)

fabianvs

Suspended
Jun 12, 2009
FL
im in Orlando also, using 3G no problems for me either! just can't wait to get the 3GS :cool: glad you got your 3GS for the trip!

Tannerozzy

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2008
Waco, Texas
I think of the whole MMS thing, as buying a Ferrari and complaining that it doesn't have cup holders. *It may, I don't know I don't own one, but it's an example.

I don't agree.

Imagine buying your Ferrari and on the way home you notice there are huge holes where the cup holders should be, only to find out that the company that makes the cup holder part... didn't really meet their deadline.

It should be out now. MMS is far from new, how could they not be ready? I can't decide which is worse... waiting for :apple: to come out with MMS? or now waiting for at&t?

Though apart from the MMS setback, I've always been quite happy with at&t.

Prolif1k

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2009
I'm in the same boat. I absolutely love the 3GS and I'm only upgrading from a 3G. Compared to all the stuff I used to do on the 3G, I have had zero lag or delays anywhere and that alone was worth the upgrade. Everything else is just great added bonuses, all of which I'm incorporating into my daily routine already.

Tannerozzy

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2008
Waco, Texas
I'm in the same boat. I absolutely love the 3GS and I'm only upgrading from a 3G. Compared to all the stuff I used to do on the 3G, I have had zero lag or delays anywhere and that alone was worth the upgrade. Everything else is just great added bonuses, all of which I'm incorporating into my daily routine already.

That makes me feel pretty good. My 3GS gets here friday to replace my 3G. I hope I'm just as impressed:D

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
This thing is definitely DA BOMB. There are a few issues to be worked out -- voice control is iffy -- but overall it's an awesome upgrade from a 2G.

The video recorder is awesome, although you have to realize where the mic is. The camera is a HUGE improvement, mainly due to auto focus. Low light is still an issue, but it probably will be without a flash. The 32GB of storage still makes me mess myself after about 14 months of the 8GB. The overall speed increase is amazing, the battery life is equal to the original -- a win with all the speed improvements.

One surprise was the actual phone itself, as well as the external speaker, is LOUDER. Maybe part of the phone calls being louder is 3G, but the external speaker has been improved. I don't need full volume to hear things now.

damesJ

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2008
I love the new iPhone and AT&T as well. I switched over from verizon and never got service in my home. Now I get full service with AT&T. As for the iPhone I feel that it makes life just so much more convient and productive. No complaints about either, except for mms of course.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
I love my at&t service for the most part. the signal and reception is stellar by my house, and 99% of where i go. My girlfriends house is terrible indoors though.

The only time i've ever had a problem with at&t is when i switched from and iphone plan to a normal data plan in Jan of 2008. It took two months to resolve my billing.

I have to say tho, almost everything that i had complaints about is fixed with my new 3GS....except for mms........

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.