I give Jobs 3 to 4 years

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by the vj, Sep 14, 2008.

1. the vj macrumors 6502a

I didn't watch the last keynote until today after my girlfriend told me Jobs looked very sick I took a look later on. I can tell Jobs has cancer and he is under quimotheraphy. My father suffered from cancer and he looked just like Jobs 3 years before he passed away, the same with some relatives.

I am worry about that because Jobs=Apple. Even Microsoft is not doing well without Gates, the difference is that Steve Jobs is an example to fallow in the corporate industry worldwide.

But just wanted to point out I do not see Jobs around in a year from now.

2. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Because someone looks like someone else they have the exact same condition, timeline, and prospect as that other person? Please stop with the rumor mongering and mindless speculation. Not only is it disrespectful, but it's pretty tasteless as well.

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

With that kind of critical insight, you should work for the CIA. They'd love to know when bin Laden is gonna die. :rolleyes:

"And only the inability to spell chemotherapy kept me out of med school."

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Well, one thing's for certain. He's going to be around much longer than this thread will be :rolleyes: ;)

5. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

I saw this old lady once, she was like walking around and stuff, and then I remembered my grandmother, who died, so now I know the old lady will die too because my grandmother was an old lady and stuff, like.

6. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

why do you assume/"know" that jobs has cancer? that's like you can tell who has hiv/aids just by looking at them.

chemotherapy

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I tried quimotheraphy once, it was actually kinda fun.

8. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Agree.

SJ could die of old health, issues involving his past cancer, a heart attack, a car wreck, a plane wreck, earthquake, etc. We don't know. Nor should we speculate.

:)

So true.

Sounds exciting. :p

Or che / mother / apy. :D

9. Nieval macrumors 6502

Generally in Medicine, the diagnosis of cancer (malignancy) instantly reduces your lifespan to 5-10 years, no matter where it arises and regardless of treatment success. In most cases it's less than that. Treating cancer with the options available today is pretty much a losing battle hence all the funding, research and effort in trying to detect it early (Pap smear and PR) and in preventing it in the first place (stop smoking!!). Having said that, there always are exceptions.
    Basically, if the doctor says you've got cancer, you're screwed one way or the other.

10. the vj thread starter macrumors 6502a

I didn't know there was a rumor and actually it called my attention to read it in the keynote but my girlfriend is not an Apple fan, she just saw a picture of him and made the comment.

There is a mayor reason to hide his condition: he is the creative mind and face of Apple. And I do not believe there is some one to replace him. The stuck market would suffer big time if Jobs is not around even retired.

It would be very naive thinking he is fine, I would say he is somewhat stable but he does not has the vitality Bill Gate has.

11. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Why worry, then?? Like you said, there's always Mayor Reason to cover up his condition! We'll be fine!

12. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

man, this guy is getting heckled harder then I ever do... He at least deserves this though. :p

13. TheVendor macrumors member

But what if Mayor Reason gets cancer too!? What will we do then!?!

14. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

You guy's are great hahah. I wonder is mayor reason has any sexual relations with his secretary?:eek:

15. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Stop listening to your girlfriend.

No, really? It will obviously have a huge effect on the stock, but the company will be in capable hands once he's gone. He has a great team behind him.

Wrong, there are about three qualified people.

Stop guessing. You're just making guesses like they're fact about someone a lot of people on this board admire and then wondering why you get blasted for it. We know, he's skinny. It is not normal, he's sick. He already said he had a bug, it could have been bad, and he's a vegan (so it's hard to put on weight). He said he is free of cancer, and even if he isn't, we just wish him the best. We can all try to figure out the situation for ourselves without you walking in here in your little pink robe pretending that you are some prophet who knows everything based on some stupid, fact-less speculation on your part. Be quiet.

16. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

Couldn't have said it better my self andy. It is plain disrespectful to come on a board and dis someone that some of us look at as a family member.

We all know something is the matter, the whole world does. I agree, take of you prophet robe and lay off the situation. It is hard enough for all of us who care already. :mad:

17. applebum macrumors 6502

Ok - so does this mean it would get unstuck, or would it get stuck even worse?

18. Mr Skills macrumors 6502a

Mr Skills

Che Guevara's mother is a monkey?

19. jv17 macrumors member

20. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

The doctor told my Grandmother (okay, two doctors, actually) that she'd be dead from cancer "in two years"... which was about 15 years ago - and she's still alive.

If you really think he's going to be gone, put a huge bet on it. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry.

21. spikespike macrumors member

Didn't he treat his cancer with lemons or something?

22. spikespike macrumors member

Hm, or maybe that was just something I saw on Digg...

23. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Not sure if you are being serious or joking.

He did try to treat his situation naturally, but it failed. He then has surgery.

24. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I wonder is SJ meditates....

(I figure this thread is random speculation, so why can't I?)

If hes well enough to put on a keynote, then hes well (atleast enough), so move on

25. spikespike macrumors member

Pretty sure thats what I was going for - that he tried a more holistic/natural cure before resorting to surgery.