Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dominickator

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Ny,Ny
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

CZK said:
Your next topic: I am 200$ poorer for absolutly nothing !!! ( in your case, switch '' i am'' for '' my parents are'')

Why are you posting here if you think it's a waste of time and money?

dominickator

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Ny,Ny
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

CZK said:
jealous much you little girl? Leave the kid alone

not jelly.... I personally converted my genuine white iphone into a black iphone... U jelly??

Why would you convert a white iPhone to black. Thats retarded. And even if you had a white one, which I highly doubt, it would've costed $750 to get plus $200 for the black parts. So your saying you paid $950 dollars for a black iPhone. Yeah, I'm the one wasting money here.

lewion

macrumors regular
May 31, 2006
Sydney

This little man here deserves my respect. To anyone bitching on his post, his English is way better than yours so stop bitching or learn how to write.

To the little guy: Smart move for fixing girls. ;) And fantastic work on the port to white, I love it!

CZK

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2010

Why would you convert a white iPhone to black. Thats retarded. And even if you had a white one, which I highly doubt, it would've costed $750 to get plus $200 for the black parts. So your saying you paid $950 dollars for a black iPhone. Yeah, I'm the one wasting money here.

Lollllllllll trolled hard

dominickator

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Ny,Ny

lewion said:

This little man here deserves my respect. To anyone bitching on his post, his English is way better than yours so stop bitching or learn how to write.

To the little guy: Smart move for fixing girls. ;) And fantastic work on the port to white, I love it!

Thanks. Yeah the white port and headphone jacks are nice touches.

lewion

macrumors regular
May 31, 2006
Sydney

They certainly are! I'm still hooked with a white 3GS until the iPhone 5 comes out. Which I hope will be available in white :).

dominickator

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Ny,Ny

lewion said:

They certainly are! I'm still hooked with a white 3GS until the iPhone 5 comes out. Which I hope will be available in white :).

Yea it probably will. I heard the white iPhone 4 wasn't produced because Steve Jobs didn't think the pieces were high enough quality. I think they're fine, not any different than the black one.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
When is his 15 minutes of fame up? I'm so sick of hearing about that scum.

On to the White iPhone - very cool. I've always been a fan of the black, but it does look pretty cool.

people like you are worse. i hated the kid to, but it's whatever now. hating isn't gonna make him go away, so just live your life and don't let little stuff like that bother you. :rolleyes:

stev3n

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2010
I'm kind of thinking about getting one.... what sets it aside from apples bumper though? Does it fit more snug

It has a silicon case that you put on before the "bumper." I've never used apples bumper. There are two things that I find slightly annoying but not really a big deal:

1. I can't plug in my aux cable because of the bumper. So I need to buy a new aux cable. Or I could take off the bumper and use the cable I have.

2. I can't connect some of my accessories to the dock connector with the bumper on. Again I could just take the bumper off.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
lol you look like Justin Bieber

220px-Justin_Bieber_at_Easter_Egg_roll_-_crop.jpg
How dare you instult the OP like that! What'd he ever do to you! ;)

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
@OP

Take some pictures with the flash. The white paint is too reflective and screws up the flash and washes out the pictures - which is why Apple delayed production of the white iPhone for so long.

Source: Steve Wozniak on Engadget.

Rodvette

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2011
I would like to convert my iphone to white... there just seems to be so much potential for harm in doing so..

dominickator

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Ny,Ny
How dare you instult the OP like that! What'd he ever do to you! ;)
Hahahahahah
@OP

Take some pictures with the flash. The white paint is too reflective and screws up the flash and washes out the pictures - which is why Apple delayed production of the white iPhone for so long.

Source: Steve Wozniak on Engadget.

Wow, i just tried that, and that is true, it does wash out the picture a bit.

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
Yep. Analysts thought it was something to do with the color of the pieces, as if Foxconn can't mix white paint properly. :rolleyes:

It's actually entirely to do with the flash on the camera. It's just too reflective and basically over-exposes the pictures.

One potential solution for iPhone 5 is to change the flash in the device for the white iPhones to compensate for the reflective effect.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Great job on the DIY, I love taking phones apart, but...

Why are so many people in love with the idea of a white iPhone? Is it just because it's "different" than what everyone else has? The current black/silver makes it look so slick and high-quality... white just cheapens the look, IMO.

dominickator

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Ny,Ny
Yep. Analysts thought it was something to do with the color of the pieces, as if Foxconn can't mix white paint properly. :rolleyes:

It's actually entirely to do with the flash on the camera. It's just too reflective and basically over-exposes the pictures.

One potential solution for iPhone 5 is to change the flash in the device for the white iPhones to compensate for the reflective effect.

Oh wait, i noticed that the back cover wasn't completely on, and it was covering the flash a little bit. Even though i put it on better it still isn't as good as the black one, your right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.