Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2005
Today I got a letter from Amex and a check for a total of $105. The letter said:

"Your recent claim with American Express does not fall within the normal terms and provisions of our program. However, as we very much value and appreciate your Cardmembership with American Expres, we have approved your claim as an exception to the program guidelines. Attached is a check for the approved payment amount of your claim.

If you have nay questions or if we may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Representatives are available to assist you twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.

Once again, you are an extremely valuable cardmember to American Express. We appreciate your interest in the program and hope you will continue to take advantage of this carmember benetif. We look forward to serving you again.

Sincerely,
American Express"

So, they reimbursed me $100 and $5 tax.

Thank you, Amex! :)

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2005

Attachments

• iphone_box.jpg
    iphone_box.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 158

KittyToy

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
Davenport
well since your bragging, I got 200 from AT&T, 100 from apple, then I:D got AT&T to write off my new bill....Grand Total 378.00 ...yippie....Now do i get a Cookie!

TurboSC

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2007
California
Wow... sometimes things are better left unsaid really... I know it's just the internet, but why make yourself look so selfish.

Karma karma karma, you'll always get what's coming to you. ;)

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
Wow... sometimes things are better left unsaid really... I know it's just the internet, but why make yourself look so selfish.

Karma karma karma, you'll always get what's coming to you. ;)

probably because they don't regard being selfish as a character flaw or something negative to be hidden.

But hey, they STUCK IT TO THE MAN!

rmapple

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2007
Today I got a letter from Amex and a check for a total of $105. The letter said:

"Your recent claim with American Express does not fall within the normal terms and provisions of our program. However, as we very much value and appreciate your Cardmembership with American Expres, we have approved your claim as an exception to the program guidelines. Attached is a check for the approved payment amount of your claim.

If you have nay questions or if we may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Representatives are available to assist you twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.

Once again, you are an extremely valuable cardmember to American Express. We appreciate your interest in the program and hope you will continue to take advantage of this carmember benetif. We look forward to serving you again.

Sincerely,
American Express"

So, they reimbursed me $100 and $5 tax.

Thank you, Amex! :)

WHY $100? WASNT THE PRICE DROP $200?

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Wasn't there a huge thing where the FBI came after those people who made fraud claims during Hurricane Katrina's disaster... hmm :D

carfac

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
I bought an iPhone, and, uh, I took it out of the box, and I, uh, took the empty box back to the Apple store, and I uh, got a refund, and I uh still had the IPHONE AT HOME! And then I got an Apple iRebate AND 200 from AMEX, too!

I REALLY STUCK IT TO THE MAN!

No, I did not.... and I hate to be giving this idea to some of the members of this board with little to no conscience.

daemontrader

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2007
I would guess they figure the $100 from Apple should be included in the equation. I am not sure why some people are saying this is shady. It is a feature of the AMEX card, not some sort of scam.

WHY $100? WASNT THE PRICE DROP $200?

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2005
I would guess they figure the $100 from Apple should be included in the equation. I am not sure why some people are saying this is shady. It is a feature of the AMEX card, not some sort of scam.

They only gave me $100 since I got $100 from Apple.

I don't think they are saying that I scammed anybody. They are saying those who got more than $200 back did. But, what do I know. :)

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Well, i guess it makes sense now... the price wsa dropped $200.. Apple refunds $100, AMEX: $100... o.k o.k.. i feel ya now...

Esyndel

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2007
Amex Question

Hey guys,

Just noticed this post. I'm a card holder, how do you get the Amex refund ?

colocolo

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2002
Santiago, Chile
getting $100 from Amex seems ok since they are just covering what Apple didn't cover, so its perfecly legal :)

Now, for those of you who are proud of pulling a scam and stealing... maybe you should go post at the pirate thread, har har!

Remember to buy steal an eyepatch and wooden leg on your way out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.