I got my iPad!! (walmart)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mcgillmaine, Mar 15, 2012.

1. mcgillmaine macrumors newbie

Just got home from Walmart and im now opening my new Ipad!

photo.JPG

2. Larrupin macrumors member

Larrupin

3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I'm starting a slow clap for you, I don't think you'll hear it though - I'm in my house, in California, and I'm not really clapping.

4. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

How long was the wait... #of ppl in line etc? Congrats!

5. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

6. nfl46 macrumors 603

I'm glad you won't be smelly underneath the arms. Lol. Sorry, I was looking at your Wal-Mart bag.

Congrats!

7. PurpleHeart macrumors member

I hate that I am in California when we have situations like this :(

8. fs454 macrumors 65816

Is that WHITE?

Everyone said they only had black! I'd be out there right now!

9. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

10. jsnuff1 macrumors 6502a

Is that just wifi and do you know if they carry LTE models?

11. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Dayumm.. ya lucky dog.. which one did you get?

12. cualexander macrumors 6502a

I just got mine from Walmart. It was an awesome experience. I arrived around 11pm and the lady put my name on a list. Then when people would get on the list she would tell future people how many they had left. We all just milled around and talked for a while then they had 2 lines, 1 for 16 gig and 1 for 32 gig. And it was really quick. They had 5 of each size, but no 16 gig white ones. I think they had some white ones in the higher models though. I got a 16 gig black.

13. mcgillmaine thread starter macrumors newbie

I got there at 10:30 thinking it would be a line. I was the 1st. They had 10 in stock 5 16 wifi and 5 64 wifi. Around 11:45 2 other people showed up. One looking for a 16 LTE and the other looking for a 16 wifi like me.

Also they only had white (I was hoping for a black).

Raleigh, NC Walmart off Highway 64

I have my pre order coming tomorrow (16 wifi black), so I guess that will go back to Apple or on Ebay/Craigslist

I will post more pics in after I open it

14. mac jones macrumors 68040

I think Walmart's cachet has just increased a tiny bit perhaps :D

----------

Yes shopping at Walmart is always awesome,

congrats!!

15. bhays macrumors newbie

Here's an example of the inventory geniuses at Walmart. In my town we have AT&T and Verizon service. Verizon has had 3G service here for four years now. AT&T is EDGE only. This store sells Verizon phones and plans 10 to 1 over AT&T. They received 10 64gb AT&T models and zero Verizon in any size. Genius.

16. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

Uh. I don't think each specific Wal Mart places an order to their distribution center...and I doubt Wal Mart goes to each store and tests which carrier has the best signal and then ships that specific carrier.

17. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I just came back from Walmart with my 16GB wifi iPad. They had 25 total, five of each: 16GB wifi black, 32GB wifi black, 16GB AT&T 4G black, 32GB AT&T 4G white, and 64GB AT&T 4G black. There were only eight of us milling about for them, so they actually still have some left. Causeway store in Brandon, Florida if you're around.

18. bhays macrumors newbie

I was not inferring that they did. I don't think it's a stretch to think that they would at least look at a stores sales on phones per carrier when deciding inventory on iPads. They do this with their inventory on phones after all.

19. jreuschl macrumors 6502

Probably the same thing that will happen at Target. Target A this SKU, B another one, C, another one, and then the different color issue, too!

20. mcgillmaine thread starter macrumors newbie

photo (1).JPG

photo (2).JPG

It fits perfect in this Targus case. Almost to say better then the 2 did (guess the 1mm extra will help "fill" some cases)

21. MacBreezy macrumors regular

Just got mine as well. Black 32 GB Wi-Fi. Getting it synced up right now will all of my stuff but all I can say is wow the screen looks incredible.

22. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

Well phones are different. Look at this Walmart launch...it seems put together very last minute. From the looks of it, stores barely have any variety...according to OP, that store didn't even have any 32. I understand the ATT/VZW variety issues, but 16/32/64 should be customary...they are the absolute base models.

I'm pretty sure the DC didn't take the time to analyze what phones sold best in which stores...they packed up some iPads and shipped them away.

23. rman726 macrumors 6502

Just got home from Walmart. he guy on front of me had a problem with his credit card for having an "unusual purchase" so after waiting like 10 minutes, the guy brought us up to the front of the store. Unfortunately there were two women with carts full of groceries... WTF?

They had mostly 16GB, a few 64GB, and only Wi-Fi and AT&T versions. And only black. Strange to say the least.

24. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    Just got home from Wal-Mart. Showed up at 11:50 and was the ONLY ONE THERE. The girl opened the boxes and had 12. 1 64GB white 4G, 1 32GB black 46, 2 32GB wifi black, the rest 16GB wifi black. ALL AT&T. Mind you, the AT&T service in this area is absolutely HORRIBLE. I got a 16gb black wifi and left. They sold one more while I was there, and one person left because they had no Verizon models. I'll get my 32GB 4G verizon tomorrow on Fedex. :)

25. Aquaduck04 macrumors member

Posting from my new iPad!

The Walmart I went to had only 16gb black and 64gb white models. Wifi only.

The screen is awesome.