Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I find myself using portrait mode alot more now then I did with the 3. It feels alot more comfortable and is really easy to type.
Can you turn the brightness up in an ALL dark room with a black jpg. Is the screen uniform for the most part? No bad bleeding?

jags828

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
How light does it feel?

It feels like the first time you pick up an iphone 5 when you were used to the feel of the 4 and 4s. It kinda feels like a display model without the insides.

jags828

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Can you turn the brightness up in an ALL dark room with a black jpg. Is the screen uniform for the most part? No bad bleeding?

More bleeding then I had on my 3. The bottom left corner has some bleeding and along the right edge there were some too.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
More bleeding then I had on my 3. The bottom left corner has some bleeding and along the right edge there were some too.

Serious, i just replaced a iPad 4 for this and the replacement is the similar. I watch tv/movies and was hoping this would be fixed on the Air. My mini was good. Think i will hold off picking up the air i have on hold. Its from a Telco and swapping it would be a nightmare:mad:

jags828

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Have you ever used a mini. If so, what is it like compared to that?

I played with one at Best Buy before,not enough to give you a real comparison. From all the reviews I read its just a bigger iPad Mini. The biggest wow factor for me so far is how thin it is compared to the last design.

----------

it is actually faster?

The dual wifi system they were talking about pretty much doubled my speed test numbers compared to the iPad 3. I was getting around 30 mbps now Im getting 70. The keyboard doesnt seem to be lagging anymore either. As far as opening and closing apps I havent played with it enough yet to real tell.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Oh no, not what I wanted to hear. Hopefully it's acceptable for you during normal conditions sorry about that jags. :(

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC

Ugh. For the umpteen millionth time, one guy's perfect screen does not guarantee a perfect screen for anyone else, just as one guy's defective screen does not mean defective screens for everyone.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
Ugh. For the umpteen millionth time, one guy's perfect screen does not guarantee a perfect screen for anyone else, just as one guy's defective screen does not mean defective screens for everyone.

and 1 :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.