I got some strange errors....

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Erdbeertorte, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Erdbeertorte macrumors demi-goddess

At first that one on just a white screen as I clicked on the third page of a thread:

Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 19.24.06.png

Then something similar just in the upper left side of the front page I think after reloading a few times until the white page with the error above was gone.

And then again a similar message in a black "pop up" window while writing in a thread, but I could just click it away.

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

3. Erdbeertorte thread starter macrumors demi-goddess

Okay, I hope nothing serious. Just wanted to tell if you might not know it yet. The forums were just for a very short time unusable when that blank page I posted came up. But beside from the other two things I saw it seems to work normally. Only uploading that picture took about ten tries.

4. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

5. SusanK macrumors 68000

I'm getting error messages, crashes and alerts that have been picked up earlier today.

6. samiwas macrumors 65816

If I hit reply, it says "No post exists" or something like that. My notifications still show things from 6 hours ago. IN PRSI, there's a thread with something like 35 replies which shows 23 on the main page. Yeah...it's all whacked out right now.

7. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

My notifications appear to be stuck in the past (earlier today) as well as some of the forum pages and the Latest Replies.

8. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

I'm seeing the same problems

9. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The forums about to implode ahhhhh

Attached Files:

10. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

This is a message I have received a few times in recent weeks, as well. Almost always, before a crash.

11. Erdbeertorte thread starter macrumors demi-goddess

Strange I never experienced any of those errors again after the day I started this thread and everything is working perfectly fine again for me. I spend many hours on the forums every day.

Once there was something similar what stayed a little longer if I remember correctly but that happened several months ago after the forum software changed.

12. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well, I have had these issues - plus hanging, freezing, stalling - and sometimes, crashing - fairly regularly ever since the forum software was changed/updates.

To be honest, I must say that I find the 'alerts' signal to be a particular culprit.

13. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I got an odd "security error" yesterday when I attempted to log in. The forum thought I wasn't logged in. Refreshing the page cleared this up - it found my user information and I could proceed as normal.

14. Erdbeertorte thread starter macrumors demi-goddess

Something similar happened to me today in the morning. When I first visited the forums main page it looked like I was not logged in but by proceeding to the next page "New Posts" I was normally logged in like expected. But I got no error message.

15. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

16. Ollé macrumors member

Ollé

Yeah I've seen that one a few times today @OllyW. Most prevalent in the last 2-3hours though.