I hate FEDEX! not a good start for me...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FcNo, Aug 12, 2009.

1. FcNo macrumors member

Hello guys, im a long time reader but a first time poster. I just purchased my VERY FIRST refurb macbook pro (latest model 2.66ghz) on aug the 7th. Fedex had said that my computer would be delivered on the 12th.....guess what? they are now telling me it'll be either thursday, friday, or saturday..... I find it ridiculous that they have NO IDEA where my product is/when it will arrive. (ground shipping btw...never again). Anyways, I just wanted see if anyone has ever gone through the same thing im going to, and wheither i should worry about it or not.
    Well thanks for readin my post and i hope to hear some feedback from you guys out there!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Apple is about to get a phone call from me later today if my order doesn't ship. We are working on day four without shipping.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    What did you order?

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

17" Pro with the 7200. Apparently swapping out that hard drive takes four days. Either that or they are still trying to find one that doesn't click.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    How fast was it supposed to be shipped? Did you pay extra?

6. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

If the computer is shipped Ground it most likely ends up on a small truck operated by a sub-contractor. so yes FEDEX may lose visibility and ground is 7 to 10 business days for the most part.
    It probably cost apple $5 to ship it.

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Woahser, I'd be pissed if I were u.

8. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

This is EXACTLY why I decided to buy mine in person rather than wait for them to decide to ship it to me! I'm not a very patient person! Sorry about your luck!

Andrew

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

You shipped way faster then Apple. I paid you the same too.

10. FcNo thread starter macrumors member

I wish I had thought it all through before i choose ground shipping... i was just soo excited that i jumped the gun mega fast you know? lol but yeah I called apple and fedex like 9 times. apple blamed fedex, fedex blamed apple. I ended up bitchin at both of them and they both said "there is nothing you can do except wait until the package arrives sir...".....i just want my mac! :( i'll keep ya'll posted on what they say so you guys can hear how bad their service is. My original input was trimmed down to reduce boredom for all the readers.

11. omizzle macrumors regular

I bought my MBP 15" last thurs or fri and they said that it would arrive on the 12th as well.

It arrived on the 10th. :D

Sorry about your luck :(

12. FcNo thread starter macrumors member

I forgot to mention im on the east coast... where are u located?

13. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

Here is a hint, next time when you order ask for 2 day shipping for free works everytime.

14. SecretAznMan7 macrumors newbie

Bought my 15" MBP last Friday, was told it would ship in 1-3 days and would be here between August 11-August 17. It shipped on the 10th, is now on the plane from Anchorage, and will be delivered tomorrow. I'm happy with that.

15. m3kilpat macrumors regular

At least they haven't delivered it to the wrong address [yet] like they did to me. And then upon redelivery just left it outside and didn't get a signature (and someone was home).

16. hoffmant macrumors member

They changed the "estimated delivery day" on mine as well when I ordered it a few weeks ago. Originally said it would be here on Monday, then moved it back a day or two. It showed up early Monday morning anyway. Surprised me when the truck showed up. Luckily I was home to sign for it.

I've always found FedEx's online tracking info to be really accurate, but I was happy that it was wrong this time.

17. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If the item has left Apple then don't blame Apple for FedEx. If the item hasn't left Apple and you didn't pay extra then 5-7 days to ship a CTO is not unheard of.

My MP, CTO, arrived a few days early and said it would ship in 2-3 business days.

18. chadamorrill macrumors 6502

It sucks, but you'll get over it.

I had mine shipped to my workplace so that I COULD sign for it when it arrived, only for FedEx "Home Delivery" to try and deliver it on Saturday. Course, we're a M-F operation, so it sat in the warehouse over the weekend. THEN I found out "Home Delivery" in my area is closed on Mondays. When I finally got it on Tuesday, it had 3 dents on the underside of the case. I called, complained, and got them to ship me a new one... and it came from China, so more waiting. Ironically, the same Saturday delivery was attempted, and I had to AGAIN wait til Tuesday to finally get it.

Yep, waiting sucks... but you'll get over it.

19. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Fedex Ground is a different company than Fedex Express, Fedex Freight, Fedex.... Fedex Ground is really no better than the USPS in delivery but they do have better tracking.

20. FcNo thread starter macrumors member

Okay so i called fedex today to get some info because the online fedex tracking isnt giving me an estimated date and they had told me that the committed date for delivery is tomorrow (the 14th)..... hopefully my :apple: will come!!! pray for me guysss lol

21. PCtoMAC? macrumors member

I just ordered my MPB on Monday and it just shipped today....I guess it does take 4 days to install some RAM and a hard drive. Not to mention that its comming from CHINA. Expected delivery date isnt till the 18th now which is pretty good from China but still, I want my computer.

Oh and NC MacGuy that is a bad ass avatar!

22. adamk77 macrumors 6502

Lord, what headache!

I purchased mine from Amazon.com. I'm a loyal Amazon.com customer. Even if Amazon.com is a bit more expensive, I still order from them. They've never given me trouble. Delivery is usually earlier than I expect and returns are easy.

But with that said, if I feel like I'm not taken care of, I will not do any more business with Amazon.com. For me, one strike is enough. These companies should be bending backwards to make me happy.

Had this happened to me with Fedex and Apple, I would have just canceled the order or refused shipment. Then I would have made my dissatisfaction known to both of these companies in no uncertain terms.

Why are we letting these companies treat us like crap after we've handed over our hard earned money to them, especially in this economy?

I make it a point to purchase expensive electronics at a brick and mortar store if the difference in price isn't that great.

23. GhostToMost macrumors newbie

I ordered refurbished 15.4 yesterday at 10am EST. Purchased over night shipping for an extra $27. I just checked tracking and it just scanned at the local fed ex facility.

:D

24. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

you should have been the extra for the fast shipping, i ordered mines monday and got it yesterday, 3 days just like i payed for, fyi it was fed ex exprees that got the job done

25. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

How did they ship it? I remember when Amazon almost always used UPS.

Now they've gone to mostly USPS and it's terrible. Saturday delivery, no one home leave a tag on the door to call the office. Call a toll free main number with unlimited # prompts to try and retrieve a package. Even though mr mailman comes everyday to address, they have a policy of no redelivery.:rolleyes: