I hate ITUNES and APPLE

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macunhappy, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macunhappy macrumors newbie

This is pitiful. This brand new iMac (well, one year old) cannot read a slightly scratched disc and not only that, but it CRASHES Itunes and I have to got through this ridiculously long process (force quit, etc) just to eject the friggin' disc. Then go back and start over and unclick the problem song and start the process all over. Is there a way to dload all these song on my P.O.S. IBM computer, then load them onto, say, a jump drive and then have ITUNES convert them, 'cause this is getting ridiculous.

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Assuming the songs are in a format iTunes deals with (MP3 right?) then you can simply throw the tunes onto a USB stick or drive and drag them into iTunes from the drives window.

You may need to update your OS and iTunes if your having crash problems.

Also, for reference, when posting for help it'll help others to post the OS number and machine specs.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

assuming its a normal artist CD try dragging the aiff files to your desktop and then drag them into iTunes to convert mpeg4. you will then have to delete the ones on your desktop as iTunes rips music to its own library.

seriously using a thread title like that is a bit extreme. youre blamming iTunes and Apple just because your CD is scratched? next youll be blaming the Bus companies and the Transport Minister becuase your Bus ticket is damaged :p:D:rolleyes:

4. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

Calm down on the thread title, we can't help you if you come in here yelling.

5. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

It's iTunes and Apple not ITUNES and APPLE if your going to hate something hate correctly.

What OS are you using (Tiger or Leopard) and also what iTunes version? What are the format mp3, m4a, AAC etc etc.

Northy

6. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

I take it the drive in your IBM computer can read this scratched disc?

If so, then install iTunes on that machine and import the songs. Then put them on a disc drive and take them across to your Mac.

7. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

Wow IBM computer huh? Those were the days. I think I've got a five and a quarter drive kicking around somewhere!..

...hold on - thinkpad :eek: (pukes) I hate that red knobbly bit!

8. macunhappy thread starter macrumors newbie

I certainly will do that in the future, (the OS and machine spec thing), thank you for your help! Sadly, we are now on our honeymoon and won't have time to upload anymore cd's for a while, but it's nice to know there's a workaround for this faulty apple/itunes problem by just using my old IBM and putting them on USB stick. Thanks again and have a great weekend. I hope something really good happens to you this weekend, even if it's just a great parking spot.

9. macunhappy thread starter macrumors newbie

seriously using a thread title like that is a bit extreme. youre blamming iTunes and Apple just because your CD is scratched? next youll be blaming the Bus companies and the Transport Minister becuase your Bus ticket is damaged :p:D:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I used that thread title because my first attempt to request assistance met with many people reading my post, but nobody, and I mean not one person, responded. And, I'm not blaming Itunes and aPPle (and i can hate them however it pleases me, McNorthy) for my scratched CD's. My old IBM system was able to read them without difficulties, furthermore, the Apple CRASHES when it can't read them. This, to me, is ridiculous and unacceptable. So, to use your analogy, it's as if I've been riding a busline that, while dingy and a little slower, got me to my destination; whereas, this new shiny iMac comes to a screeching halt when it runs over a tiny pothole.

10. macunhappy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it! I hope you too have something very cool happen to you very soon, even, as i wrote earlier, if it's just a great parking space. Try a scratch off ticket!

11. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

If you want help, then please use better self explanatory title next time!

If you want to discuss and vent your feelings regarding iTunes and Apple, post the thread in the Community Discussions forum!:)

12. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Looks like ITUNES and APPLE hate you as well. That makes you even then. :D

13. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Actually I and another member responded maybe if you checked it out you'd see.

14. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

I had a CD with one scratch on one song that made my Macbook crash completely when I tried to import it. I had to do a hard reboot, which I never like doing. It wasn't even a bad scratch, and it even played fine on an old, OLD PC.

PS Other than that, iTunes is great apart from one thing that maybe someone can help me with thanks!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=506916

Cheers!

15. aristobrat macrumors G4

Analogies aside, I'm not sure how much experience with scratched discs that you've had, but it seems like every system handles scratched discs differently. Some have no problems, while others lock up. IMO, it's a machine vs. machine thing, not a Mac (+ iTunes) vs. Windows thing.

I've had scratched discs that hang one Windows machine (where Windows Explorer freezes up everything until you eject the disc) , where another Windows machine had no problems reading it. :confused:

Hope you had a great honeymoon. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.